Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Melvin!!!

OAFC BBS - All Topics: A's Baseball: Melvin!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey (108-66-20-160.lightspeed.frokca.sbcglobal.net - 108.66.20.160) on Friday, June 22, 2012 - 06:47 pm:

This game was lost by Bob Melvin ..you put a rookie closer in 3rd game in a row my god!!!!

then put Doolittle in when this kid was rushed to majors hell he hardly has ever pitched stupid!!

I like Melvin but this game was a complete gift

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyunplugged (237.sub-166-250-43.myvzw.com - 166.250.43.237) on Monday, June 25, 2012 - 05:35 am:

You'd prefer Brian Fuentes?

Melvin > Geren, by a long shot

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey (108-66-20-160.lightspeed.frokca.sbcglobal.net - 108.66.20.160) on Monday, June 25, 2012 - 01:27 pm:

Ur right melvin best manager A.s have had since La russa but you sent out your rookie closer 3rd day in row when it was abvious he was wild from beiing over used crazy .. Bochy did same with cassilla on sunday dont get this???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By montereyrob (207-177-239-51-static.dsl.redshift.com - 207.177.239.51) on Monday, June 25, 2012 - 02:32 pm:

It wasn't the third day in a row. Cook had pitched Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday prior to the blown save. That's a very typical schedule for a closer when his team is on a roll. Melvin used him appropriately. Given Cook's stats, his overall performance and frankly, Melvin's very limited options in that situation, Melvin made the right call...he didn't lose the game. Cook just didn't have it that night. I was frustrated by the loss too, but that's baseball.

Add a Message

If you don't have a username and password, register here.
Username:  
Password:

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.