Guidelines
    Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

I know that no one really posts here anymore...

OAFC BBS - All Topics: A's Baseball: I know that no one really posts here anymore...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By givedaddy5 (ool-6c3a6772.static.optonline.net - 108.58.103.114) on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 04:28 am:

and it's a shame because this A's team is fun to root for.

Anyway as per Ken Rosenthal of Fox:
Third baseman Hanley Ramirez could be the next to go; the Marlins tried to send him to the Boston Red Sox last week, and he could interest the Los Angeles Dodgers, Oakland Athletics and other clubs, makeup questions and all.

I would LOVE to see Hanley in the green and gold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By givedaddy5 (ool-6c3a6772.static.optonline.net - 108.58.103.114) on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 05:08 am:

Confirmed by Bob Nightengale via twitter:

The Oakland #Athletics,desperate for infield help,have jumped into trade talks for #Marlins Hanley Ramirez, joining #BlueJays and #RedSox.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bubba69 (198.217.64.37 - 198.217.64.37) on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 07:05 am:

Cool...I like Inge but we need a STICK!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland4ever (75-93-80-161.chc.clearwire-dns.net - 75.93.80.161) on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 07:49 am:

Ramirez could also move back to SS if they A's want to throw in Pennington on a deal. With the Marlins set w/Reyes, probably a 3rd team would need to get involved to include Pennington

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By givedaddy5 (ool-6c3a6772.static.optonline.net - 108.58.103.114) on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 07:53 am:

He would certainly play SS if the A's got him.

I can live with Inge at 3B if they were able to get Hanley. Inge has a great glove and has always been a clutch hitter. Although it would be nice if Inge could hit .240-.250 instead of .190-.200

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland4ever (75-93-80-161.chc.clearwire-dns.net - 75.93.80.161) on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 08:00 am:

Oakland Tribune beat writer Joe Stiglich on the Hanley rumor;
http://www.insidebayarea.com/athletics/ci_21146774/athletics-marlins-hanley-ramirez-trade-reports-billy-beane?source=rss

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaklandsi (24.41.151.247 - 24.41.151.247) on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 10:00 am:

We are obviously "no one" ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By givedaddy5 (ool-6c3a6772.static.optonline.net - 108.58.103.114) on Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 03:12 am:

Oh well Hanley is a Dodger now.

According to Buster Olney, they A's have turned their attention to Yunel Escobar.

I would not mind him but he is not worth giving up alot for.

BTW - I still can't believe how dead this board is. This is the best the A's have been since 2006. We should be enjoying it. Has sacto's negativity drove everyone away from this board?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland4ever (75-93-80-161.chc.clearwire-dns.net - 75.93.80.161) on Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 04:05 am:

If ownership was serious about competing, we would have acquired Hanley Ramirez. Seeing what the Dodgers gave up;
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/07/dodgers-acquire-hanley-ramirez-randy-choate.html
it wouldn't have required giving up a lot, Sonny Gray & Norberto? Bottom line is cheap ownership prevented us from getting an exciting potentially impact hitter which follows the pattern since they took the helm back in 2006.
Unless there's a sign of new ownership offering hope to Oakland fans, we'll continue to be in a state of suspended animation, still alive but helpless to take action against the people who spit on the Oakland A's fandom :s

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By givedaddy5 (ool-6c3a6772.static.optonline.net - 108.58.103.114) on Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 04:12 am:

The rumor I heard is that the A's were worried about his hand injury. Could be BS but it could also be legit.

I do agree the Marlins really got nothing for him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By montereyrob (207-177-239-51-static.dsl.redshift.com - 207.177.239.51) on Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 05:25 am:

Thank you guys for restarting the baseball talk. I've always enjoyed this board, and used to post a few years ago. Howwever, since it became an outlet for one's guys personal venom against Billy Beane, I got turned off to it and when I tried to post again, I couldn't do it. Thanks to Jerry, Lil and Phil for resetting my account. Keep the baseball talk going...

As far as my two cents for the current topic - No Escobar. Reason - leave the current group alone and intact. We would probably have to give up too much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland4ever (75-93-80-161.chc.clearwire-dns.net - 75.93.80.161) on Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 05:39 am:

Agreed, no thanks on Escobar/Drew...give Sogard a shot at SS, he has potential upside. Check out his numbers at AAA & K/BB rate over minor league career
http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=sogard001eri

Any thoughts on landing a 3B?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By givedaddy5 (ool-6c3a6772.static.optonline.net - 108.58.103.114) on Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 08:07 am:

Also glad to talk some baseball on here finally. Most of us were/are turned off by those crazy rants. They seem to be getting worse.

I want no part of Drew. He is always injured.

As for Yunel, I don't love him but there really are not many quality SS in the league these days. I mean the A's have been trotting out Pennington(and his .200 avg) for a few years now. Yunel is only 29 and makes a decent salary for the next few years (12:$5M, 13:$5M, 14:$5M club option, 15:$5M club option). That is not a terrible contract at all for a top 15 SS. He is a career .285 hitter with a .97% fielding %. I think he would be worth the gamble. In all seriousness with what the Dodgers gave away for Hanley (NOTHING!!!) would it really take that much to get Escobar? Send them Pennington and a mid level prospect.

There is really not much available for 3B. Headley is OK but SD wants a boatload of prospects for him. Don't want to do that for anyone. Certainly not Headley. Inge has done OK since coming to Oakland. His batting average is terrible but he seems to be clutch. I can live with him. It's a shame the A's weren't playing well when Youk became available. He would have fit in real nice in Oakland.

We'll see what happens.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bubba69 (198.217.64.37 - 198.217.64.37) on Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 08:47 am:

What I hear is that the Marlins deal was done and and then the Dodgers swooped in with a better offer....to bad

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By givedaddy5 (ool-6c3a6772.static.optonline.net - 108.58.103.114) on Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 09:17 am:

Wow bubba. I didn't read that.

That really pi$$es me off! I really wanted Hanley.

Any word on what the A's would have sent to Miami?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bubba69 (198.217.64.37 - 198.217.64.37) on Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 09:50 am:

I never heard who was going but Miami was going to have to eat some contract money...the Dodgers said they would take the contract as is and the deal was done..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaklandsi (24.41.151.247 - 24.41.151.247) on Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 02:08 am:

If the A's can upgrade SS I'm all for it. I've always liked Escobar so if they can get him without giving up too much that would be cool.

SS must be good defensively. People forget that Hanley is a butcher with the glove.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil (c-50-131-140-9.hsd1.ca.comcast.net - 50.131.140.9) on Friday, July 27, 2012 - 05:26 am:

I would like to make a friendly reminder here:

The A's Baseball portion of our forum has always been a "bonus" to our website. The site has been from the beginning a pro-Oakland Baseball site and will continue as such until something good ...or bad...finally happens...

The real reason this site has been almost silent reflects exactly what happens with attendance at the ballpark. When the team is winning, people come becauses everybody loves a winner...when they lose...only the diehard fans continue going to the ballpark...

here...same thing...some people here love posting about baseball but don't like criticism to the owners and those who don't care if the team stays in Oakland.

Personally...I don't agree with using the foul language used here by a few...or by one...but I have no respect for Beane who in my opinion sold his soul to this carpet bagger ownership.

Enough said and...continue "talking amongst yourselves to your heart's content"...

Go Oakland A's! Cheers!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey (108-66-20-160.lightspeed.frokca.sbcglobal.net - 108.66.20.160) on Sunday, July 29, 2012 - 04:56 pm:

Unless the player was the rookie phenom pitcher at sacto beane should have done this deal this guy is an impact player wow!!!

Beane like mr magooow didnt realize what he really traded for and cuaght with his pants down this yr so now hes scrambling after not signing willingham and the bad gonsalves n street trade to colo Beane froze on the deal and Dodgers moved in .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By givedaddy5 (ool-6c3a6772.static.optonline.net - 108.58.103.114) on Monday, July 30, 2012 - 01:26 am:

Sacto you are clueless.

A's had a deal in place with Miami but the Dodgers said they would take on the whole salary. That is why Hanley is not on the A's right now.

How is exactly is that Beane's fault? It is quite clear that you hate him (as you have made clear numerous times) but this was not something that he could control.

Besides, if Beane did make this deal all you would have done is complain about the prospects he gave up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dgadd18 (71-46-75-214.res.bhn.net - 71.46.75.214) on Monday, July 30, 2012 - 05:02 am:

givedaddy5,

I couldn't agree more. sacto will look for ANY reason to put down Beane whenever it suits him.

It's funny how he doesn't have a problem with the Bailey/Reddick trade. Could it be because that one has worked out? Or even the Gio trade with the Nats.

Oh yeah, that one has worked out pretty good as well.
I believe it's called "selective memory". When it suits sacto to complain, we hear about it.

I guess you have to "consider the source" and go from there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey (108-66-20-160.lightspeed.frokca.sbcglobal.net - 108.66.20.160) on Monday, July 30, 2012 - 11:10 am:

according to mlb rumor news .com :

A’s Rumors: Rollins, Hanley, Drew, Escobar
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 25, 2012 at 12:19pm CST]
The A's were nine games below .500 in mid-June, but they're now 51-44 following an impressive six-week stretch that's positioned them as contenders for a playoff berth. Here are the latest A’s-related notes and rumors...

•Rollins is not currently an option for the A's, Slusser reports. Slusser hears from two people who aren't convinced Rollins would approve a deal to Oakland (Twitter links).
•The A’s pursued Hanley Ramirez aggressively before the Marlins sent him to Los Angeles, Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com reports. Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle confirms that the A’s were “very much in on” Ramirez (Twitter link). The Marlins recently offered Oakland a “sweet deal” that would have sent Ramirez to the A's for a couple of minor leaguers and enough cash to cover half of Ramirez’s contract, Knobler writes. But the A’s held off on the deal, and the Dodgers agreed to take on all of Ramirez’s salary.

WHAT DID THE A'S DO "HELD OFF" AND BAM THE DODGERS SWEPT IN!!! DEAL WAS DONE!!! BEANE CHOKED N LOST IT!!!

again yes Beane luckily made some good deals but he is a sleep walker a guy who has given up mvp players for shit in the past all this is is a dart throwing contestFOR BEANE and this time the fraud came out on top ... thnk god!!! im not complaining but lets not again make beane a gu ru hes a puke!!!!! who has more bad trades then good.

besdies lets see hoW these young studs do last 2 months of yr and next YR to really judge this..

Add a Message

If you don't have a username and password, register here.
Username:  
Password:

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.