Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Are you now ready?

OAFC BBS - All Topics: A's Baseball: Are you now ready?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil (c-50-131-140-9.hsd1.ca.comcast.net - 50.131.140.9) on Monday, September 03, 2012 - 04:47 am:

In the past, I have hesitated on pulling the plug on our forum...but it appears the few who remained were still hanging on and convinced me to wait...

I don't intend to take down the site, for I always said I want it to serve as a tetimonial to
all the fight and predictions we made way before
the team was purchased by Schottman and then Wolff...

So...let's I will ask Phil to pull the plug on this forum. Until we meet again, lil

Go Oakland A's!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey (108-66-20-160.lightspeed.frokca.sbcglobal.net - 108.66.20.160) on Monday, September 03, 2012 - 06:01 am:

was a great 12 yrs seems with all the excitement this yr no ones on it anymore to bad .....I thought there would b alot more posts

Go A's this yr is one of the best stories of my 35 yr addiction to A's baseball completly out of the blue i didnt expect this....

after the sell off i mean was crazy .....

this is moneyball 2 but way better and to me this team is way more exciting then the 99-2006 run (except the 20 game win strek) hope we keep them around for 6 yrs will be fun ..

I guess even though i still dont like Beane and he"s a gunslinger he should be GM of the yr and did a good job with trades and signing Moss ect just hope he doesnt get big headed again .

sorry about my spelling, C you all at the park someday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland4ever (75-93-80-161.chc.clearwire-dns.net - 75.93.80.161) on Monday, September 03, 2012 - 06:43 am:

When will OAFC go down?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil (c-50-131-140-9.hsd1.ca.comcast.net - 50.131.140.9) on Monday, September 03, 2012 - 02:44 pm:

The site will stay up as a testimonial of our efforts, but the discussion forum will be shut down. There is nothing to discuss and there is nothing to add to what we have done during all the past years. Thanks to all of you and good luck to all of those who are willing to keep up the good fight. I did all I could but unfortunately ran out of steam a long time ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland4ever (75-93-80-161.chc.clearwire-dns.net - 75.93.80.161) on Monday, September 03, 2012 - 05:53 pm:

It has been a hell of a ride, thanks Lil & company....though I'm sure I'll see some of ya' in other Oakland A's forums

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cheese (c-76-102-204-60.hsd1.ca.comcast.net - 76.102.204.60) on Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 01:25 pm:

Thanks Lil for all you have done for the Oakland A's community. Cheese

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaklandsi (cncmspsrvz1ts208-dmz.mycingular.net - 198.228.216.22) on Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 04:31 pm:

I'm grateful for all your work during these long years. I'd like for the various timelines and discussions of all the efforts of fans, businesses and the city of Oakland to remain, if for nothing else than to serve as refutation of the revisionist history that certain San José/ Wolf henchmen perpetrate.

Again, thanks so much! And the fight is not over by any means.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bubba69 (198.217.64.37 - 198.217.64.37) on Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 08:08 am:

Lil and Team,
Thanks for everything...good bad or otherwise!
Bubba69

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil (c-50-131-140-9.hsd1.ca.comcast.net - 50.131.140.9) on Friday, September 07, 2012 - 05:25 pm:

Rather than shutting down our discussion forum, we've decided to redirect this forum to an OAFC Facebook Group. That way we can continue to monitor the issues related to the ballpark. Hopefully in the future, we will have great news to report. Of course, there's no rule against talking baseball in the new forum. The Facebook forum can be found at http://facebook.com/groups/oafctalk/. All are invited to join the new group.

Add a Message

If you don't have a username and password, register here.
Username:  
Password:

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.