Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Geren and Street

OAFC BBS - All Topics: A's Baseball: Geren and Street
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn (38.99.44.122) on Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 05:11 pm:

I didn't see any of Tuesday's game. This is the first I've heard of a problem between Street and Geren.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20080910&content_id=3449821&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=oak

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaklandsi (144.91.219.149) on Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 05:49 pm:

during the game on Tuesday Ken and Vince mentioned in the broadcast about Huston "not being happy". From the emphatic way they said it it was apparent that something obvious was going on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By wbell (69.153.141.72) on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 06:04 am:

Last week or so, Street asked Geren to have the closer's role again. Geren either said no or made no promises. I'm sure Street's unhappy, but you can't argue with the way Ziegler has pitched.

Both sides need to calm down as the season will be over in two weeks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By raiderjohn (65.168.177.49) on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 08:24 am:

No contract, lost the highly paid role in the pen.....I'd be pissed too. I'd be more pissed that I got into the game in the 8th, then getting the hook in the 8th. If KRod resigns with Anaheim, Mets should be in the market for a closer......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By muddlehead (24.4.129.94) on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 09:41 am:

i'm guessing street's agent is telling him to be vocal about losing place in line to ziggy so prospective off season suitors can observe he still has fire in belly to be closer. we all like street. wimpering out of character. his 2 1/2 - 3 yrs of effectiveness as a relief pitcher simply ended. pretty sure we can all agree he'll get a wee bit of coin around christmas to soothe his soul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyunplugged (67.159.45.52) on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 10:53 am:

Huston/Alex/Street/Smith

Read between the lines.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rtd (67.180.127.182) on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 11:47 am:

It took Geren/Beane until August to pull Street's ineffective ass out of the closers role. It's hilarious that Street is the one feeling slighted. He had four months to do his job and he sucked. Geren is probably the only idiot in baseball that would have watched his closer blow games for four months before making a change. Geren probably found it difficult not to laugh in Street's face

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey (68.125.109.6) on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 01:56 pm:

Amen RTD this should have been done along time ago Geren cost this team 5 games leavin Street to close so long.

Geren mis managed this great bullpen for most of the season just now he is gettin it but to late.

Add a Message

If you don't have a username and password, register here.
Username:  
Password:

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.