Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

A's move to SJ is dead & no longer an option-Larry Stone

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Off Field Matters: A's move to SJ is dead & no longer an option-Larry Stone
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland4ever (75-93-83-118.chc.clearwire-dns.net - 75.93.83.118) on Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 04:45 pm:

"KCBS news reporter Doug Sovern just tweeted: "A's-to-San Jose booster Larry Stone tells KCBS he interprets Selig's comments to mean the A's move to SJ is dead & no longer an option. ... Stone believes this means the A's will now explore leaving the Bay Area, and aren't likely to embrace any of the proposed Oakland sites."
http://www.eastbayexpress.com/92510/archives/2012/05/17/as-planned-move-to-san-jose-looks-dead

Despite the suggestion of the A's leaving the Bay Area altogether, must say this is good news. With big time pro-SJ booster Stone admitting defeat, Oakland's odds of retaining its team increased. If majority of owners think Bay Area is two team market, Oakland is THE place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil (c-50-131-140-9.hsd1.ca.comcast.net - 50.131.140.9) on Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 04:53 pm:

I agree. This is indeed good news and we can expect all sorts of sour grapes statements coming from the San Jose boosters...
the fact of the matter is that the Giants and A's did make their presentation at the owners meeting and the result was that very ambiguous remark from Buthead Selig...(complicated and complex)...

Wolff said he had no plan B...so go to plan S....directly, do not stop in jail...do not collect 200 dolars and SELL the team!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaklandsi (108-207-6-242.lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net - 108.207.6.242) on Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 06:28 pm:

I'm sure the Giants are still hoping that the A's leave Northern California entirely. I've long suspected that Selig supported the Giants in that regard. But would he relent and allow the A's to be sold to new owners who are committed to keeping the A's in Oakland?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bubba69 (198.217.64.37 - 198.217.64.37) on Friday, May 18, 2012 - 04:20 am:

Ok....If Wee Willy Wolfie has no plan "B" in the bay where is he going to go? There is no city that is ready to take a team and the owners will most likely not say yes to a move if there is a option here(and we now know there is).The Giants would love them to move but it is not going to happen...

Wolfie,Just sell the team and make your millions and take your sorry A$$ out of here...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil (c-50-131-140-9.hsd1.ca.comcast.net - 50.131.140.9) on Friday, May 18, 2012 - 06:45 am:

I believe that Selig and his clan will ONLY approve the stay in Oakland group (whichever it will be) if, like the Giants, the group committs to building a privately funded ballpark.
And I believe that is true to any other city that refuses public funding of their ballpark.

Now I believe the ball is again in Oakland's side but only if the corporate community puts up the money.

Any facebook billionaires willing to pitch in?
Bono (singer) started @ 4 billion this morning....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil (c-50-131-140-9.hsd1.ca.comcast.net - 50.131.140.9) on Friday, May 18, 2012 - 06:48 am:

Bono...the singer of U2

Add a Message

If you don't have a username and password, register here.
Username:  
Password:

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.