Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Ratto & Poole calling on A's ownership to go for extra wild card

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Off Field Matters: Ratto & Poole calling on A's ownership to go for extra wild card
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland4ever (75-93-80-161.chc.clearwire-dns.net - 75.93.80.161) on Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 12:39 pm:

Neither is confident A's ownership will do the right thing, but their thoughts on Billy Beane are interesting...can Billy Beane still make trades like he did a decade ago? As for me, I think this team has a lot of fight (Reddick, Cook, Cespedes) in them & if they can upgrade 3B (I like Inge & he's contributed, but won't get us there) they have a shot at the extra wild card..let's go Oakland!

http://www.insidebayarea.com/athletics/ci_21053084/monte-poole-second-half-dilemma-contend-or-not

http://www.csnbayarea.com/baseball-oakland-athletics/athletics-talk/Next-three-weeks-critical-for-As?blockID=738806&feedID=2797

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By givedaddy5 (ool-6c3a6772.static.optonline.net - 108.58.103.114) on Friday, July 13, 2012 - 09:36 am:

I am curious to see what the A's do as well here. I know that they are in the race and have the most walk off wins in the league but it is hard to imagine the team with the worst team batting avg. in the majors can make the playoffs.

I see them doing the typical Beane stuff of buying and selling at the same time.

I would think that Suzuki, Balfour, and Crisp could net something decent. We'll see...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland4ever (75-93-80-161.chc.clearwire-dns.net - 75.93.80.161) on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 01:58 pm:

Dodgers chairman Mark Walter told Dylan Hernandez of the LA Times that the Dodgers won't pass up ways of improving their team this summer, even if it means boosting payroll. "I'm not trying to save a dollar," Walter said. "I'd rather say we have a great team and maybe spend a little too much."

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/07/quick-hits-orioles-white-sox-dodgers.html

Polar opposite of Fisher/Wolff who simply seek a real estate deal that was off the table when they bought our beloved franchise

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bubba69 (198.217.64.37 - 198.217.64.37) on Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 07:20 am:

I think this week end will be a big factor....win or split this series and maybe Beane will look to make a run...if Wee Willy Wolfie stays out of the way....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland4ever (75-93-80-161.chc.clearwire-dns.net - 75.93.80.161) on Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 05:51 am:

We could have had Ramirez, but ownership kept their wallet closed, what a SHOCKER! "The Marlins recently offered Oakland a “sweet deal” that would have sent Ramirez to the A's for a couple of minor leaguers and enough cash to cover half of Ramirez’s contract, Knobler writes. But the A’s held off on the deal, and the Dodgers agreed to take on all of Ramirez’s salary:( http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/07/as-rumors-hanley-drew-escobar-rollins.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bubba69 (198.217.64.37 - 198.217.64.37) on Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 09:54 am:

4Ever,
I heard that it was a done deal...then the dodgers jumped in at the last minute with the take all the contract offer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaklandsi (24.41.151.247 - 24.41.151.247) on Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 02:04 am:

Go for the division championship!

Add a Message

If you don't have a username and password, register here.
Username:  
Password:

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.