Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

John Russo: Wolff's anti-Oakland remarks a "sob story"

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: John Russo: Wolff's anti-Oakland remarks a "sob story"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By me_94501 (206.80.3.58) on Wednesday, April 29, 2009 - 06:16 am:

Been a couple years since I've posted here.... o_O

At any rate, I saw this on SFGate last night:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abraham/detail?blogid=95&entry_id=39289

This is the first time I've seen an Oakland official come out so strongly for keeping the A's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaklandsi (69.107.106.23) on Wednesday, April 29, 2009 - 06:33 am:

couldn't be clearer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey (207.200.116.135) on Wednesday, April 29, 2009 - 03:22 pm:

what i got from this is that the commisioners panel is suggesting that Oakland cannot be the place for the A's to survive if this is so then the politicians did not do there job in making it sell , the mayor is a idiot and he didnt appoint the right people to get the commisson good areas to build ect.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ws9 (99.33.30.215) on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 04:56 am:

I don't think the city was going to get anywhere with the A's or mlb by playing nice. Unless playing nice meant giving the A's $300,000,000.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland4ever (206.15.235.3) on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 05:08 am:

I agree ws9, it's obvious that Bud Selig has had the fix in on the Oakland A's future for some time now. I also concur w/Russo's letter & even though Dellums is inept, MLB's track record in shafting Oakland was taking place long before his arrival.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ws9 (99.33.30.215) on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 07:57 am:

Even if the threat of a lawsuit goes nowhere I still think it was important for someone in City Government to stand up and give the City's side of the story, otherwise everyone is free to shrug their shoulders and claim that Wolf tried to work with Oakland (unfortunately plenty of people who should know better are saying that anyway).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn (38.99.44.122) on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 09:57 am:

Finally, someone in a position to know the truth is saying out loud what we here have been saying since 1998.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil (76.102.188.215) on Friday, May 01, 2009 - 03:57 am:

John Russo has seen the Selig/A's hand-picked owners collusion since the Haas falily sold the team and has long felt Oakland had a great chance to sue MLB. But many politicians, including J.B. never felt a lawsuit was necessary.

We here have cried out this fact for years but have always met with the opposition of many A's fans who chose to look at things with rose colored glasses.

Personally I think the window of opportunity is now closed.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.