Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Robert Buan let go by KTRB

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Robert Buan let go by KTRB
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn (71.131.2.96) on Friday, April 02, 2010 - 04:57 pm:

He posted this on Facebook:

"Bad news (or good, depending on who you ask): KTRB has chosen to terminate my contract. Thanks to you all for everything over years on the post-game."

I always thought he worked for the A's, not the radio station....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerryo1 (24.23.128.171) on Friday, April 02, 2010 - 05:57 pm:

That is the best news that I've heard in a long time. Good riddance!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland4ever (74.38.14.7) on Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 04:53 am:

Good luck to the guy, but I won't miss him. His post game show lacked depth & insight

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn (71.131.2.96) on Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 08:42 am:

Tiny little note in the Times today:

"Robert Buan, who hosted the A's postgame radio show from 2000-09, said he was informed Friday that his contract with KTRB 860 was terminated. Chris Townsend has taken over host duties for the postgame show, but Buan was still working with the show in a reporting capacity. Buan still holds a job in the A's front office."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaklandsi (69.107.138.143) on Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 02:57 pm:

it's a little confusing since Buan is an employee of the A's, not of KTRB

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.