Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Dickey puts all the blame on Brown on ballpark issue

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Dickey puts all the blame on Brown on ballpark issue
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Saturday, July 27, 2002 - 09:56 am:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2002/07/27/SP112917.DTL&type=printable

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By tekgraf on Sunday, July 28, 2002 - 09:55 am:

Li'l, can you or someone who can, please list the email addresses to all the politicans. I would especially like to send Mayor Brown a piece of my mind. I would greatly appreicate it. Thanks.

P.S. I don't think the ball park in the uptown site is dead and I think Forest city will probably like to get in on the ground floor with Robert Bobb and the A's and build this park. Or I could be grasping at straws.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Sunday, July 28, 2002 - 10:48 am:

Tekgraf, I will post a link to all the City Government people. But I think you should reserve a little piece of your mind for the owners.

I think Dickey is protecting the owners for some reason, but they have to show interest and should come forward to negotiate or NOTHING can get done.

Sure, I agree the Mayor Brown is against the ballpark idea and is really doing all he can to derail any viable project which would lead to the ballpark.

But without the ownership showing they WANT the ballpark, no city official can be asked to do more than then have done.

So here's the link to the Government officials:

http://www.oaklandnet.com/government/government50.html

However, to reach Jerry Brown, don't bother sending to his office or all you'll get back is an impersonal form letter. To reach him send your
email to:

Brown, Jerry [jb@jerrybrown.org]

and if you want to send anything to A's ownership you will have to send it through Michael Crowley

mcrowley@oaklandathletics.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Sunday, July 28, 2002 - 10:55 am:

btw, to get an idea of how Jerry Brown is dealing and treating the ballpark in Oakland...

Here's an email I got from one of our members who had the opportunity to speak to the mayor right after the city council meeting on the 23rd of July:

XXXXX and I talked to Jerry Brown for about fifteen minutes after the meeting on the 23rd. He
pretty much pissed all over the downtown ballpark plan. He was clearly good friends with the Forest
City president. He went on about not seeing a financing plan from the A's yadda yadda. Looking at
the new ballpark pictures he claimed the sun would be in the batter and pitchers eyes. And I'm
thinking "gee Jerry on your home planet there may be two suns but earth only has one". He then
called over the Forest City guy who said the sun would be in the batters eyes. I reminded them this
was Oakland and the bay is to the west not San Francisco with the bay to the east. It made no
difference, they believe what they believe.
Obviously I don't know all the facts or what may be going on in the background but to me the
prospects of a new ballpark in Oakland look pretty bleak while Brown is in office. It's hard to
guess what happens next. Brown is waiting to see a financing plan from the A's and Crowley is
waiting to see one from the city of Oakland.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.