Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Newbie
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerseygirl on Thursday, January 17, 2002 - 07:02 pm:

After many months of reading this forum and the one at the A's site, I've decided to come out of hiding and join on here. It's a tamer crowd.. :-)

My husband and I are HUGE A's fans- we can only afford a partial package in the bleachers, but it's the greatest night out on the town in our opinion. Sometimes I don't know who is better- the team or the fans! We're from Boston and still have a place for our Sox, but the A's won our hearts way back in 95, 96, and 97.... tough years! And, as Bostonians transplated to Oakland, we can talk true trash about those "Bums from the Bronx" as my Dad calls them.

We're hanging on until FanFest and then will be in AZ for spring training. I could go on about the off season moves and trades, but suffice to say that I'm feeling good about the 2002 A's. I think Billy may have another trick up his sleeve yet.

Look forward to talking baseball!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By shawry on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 07:12 pm:

I hope you like it hear. Nice to meet you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ballparkfrank on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 08:16 pm:

Jerseygirl from Boston? Isn't Boston a tad north of New Jersey?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerseygirl on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 02:55 pm:

True enough, Frank - A+ on the geography quiz! :-)

I'm Jersey born and raised... but I was raised in a family of Brooklyn Dodger fans who swore off baseball for life when the team went to LA (Dad's 82 now and can *still* get mad about it...), so I had very little exposure to the wonderful world of baseball. Fast forward to 1984 when I moved to Boston for grad school and met my (soon to be) husband, a huge baseball fan and lover of the Sox. I didn't get into baseball until 1986... and talked about getting hooked and crushed, all in one season! But even then I didn't become really baseball **crazed** until after we moved here. I just fell hard for the A's back in 96 and 97... so we've come up with Art Howe and this team and, learning my baseball lessons in Boston, I know that a real fan stays with their team, through good times and bad. As a result, I don't have much patience for fairweather A's fans- you know, the folks who think you are supposed to win the WS *every year*. I just love the season, spring training through the end, taking it game by game.

A long answer to a short question...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.