Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

East Bay Express article on Chavy

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: East Bay Express article on Chavy
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By me_94501 on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 02:48 pm:

Pick up a copy of this week's EB Express–it has a feature article about him in it–not to mention his bobblehead graces the cover.
A couple quotes include:
'Chavy's contract with the A's expires after the 2003 season, and says he wants to play his entire career in Oakland: the clubhouse is great, the fans are swell, and the location superb.' [this is one case where Chavez's inconsistencies could help the A's in keeping him]
There's also part of an interview by a young girl, and one question was: "If the new York Yankees offered you more money to play for them, would you take it, and if so, why?
'Nah,' Chavy said, bouncing his knee. 'I wouldn't play for them.'
'Good answer,' said the fan."
[knowing how Chavez is so candid, I think he actually means it, too.]

Also take a look at pg 53–a bit on the DJ at the Coliseum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 09:12 pm:

I don't think Chavy's contract expires until 04 or 05.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kbailey3131 on Saturday, September 28, 2002 - 10:32 am:

According to the media guide, Chavy's contract extension runs through 2004.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By me_94501 on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 02:53 pm:

I just wrote it verbatim. '04 makes more sense, otherwise people would probably be expressing more consern like they do w/ Tejada's status…

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 09:11 pm:

The mistake was in the EB Express article.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By orangeman on Tuesday, October 01, 2002 - 06:37 am:

Though I did hear Chavy say on Todd Wright's show that he'd like to play for the Dodgers, because that's the team he liked growing up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Tuesday, October 01, 2002 - 07:34 am:

The Dodgers?! Well, he did say he wanted the Lakers over the Kings in the play-offs-ugh.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.