Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Skip Bayless on Schott

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Skip Bayless on Schott
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Sunday, September 29, 2002 - 04:29 pm:

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/bayarea/sports/4175638.htm

This pro-Schott article sounds like propoganda or ass-kissing to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By tekgraf on Sunday, September 29, 2002 - 08:50 pm:

What a bunch of hog crap! That article makes Schott seem pretty decent, doesnt' it? well, we know better, don't we.

If he wants the fans to feel as though the team were not moving, he should put some money up and build the ball park in downtown and let's play ball!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Sunday, September 29, 2002 - 10:44 pm:

Exactly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rono on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 08:16 pm:

Or else shut up and sign a real lease. He wants to keep all his options open and pretend he is committed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kbailey3131 on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 09:54 pm:

AND!!!!....stop speaking to all of fandom through official apologists in the local papers AND sit down and speak to us in person. AND!!! If he's the genius behind the machinations why does he even need Billy Beane that long term? Isn't DePodesta less expensive and younger?

I want Schott, not Crowley, not Beane, next year to take Q&A from the fans at FanFest. If Jeremy Giambi can sit through a Q&A session with the fans after all that happened last fall and winter I'm sure Mr. Schott can too. And how about showing your face around the Coli more too while you're at it! Why don't you sit in studio with Buan for a night?!? Sure it's not about the spotlight....unless it suits your purpose and you want to spin doctor on your own - even then it never comes from him directly, just from somebody who was in the same room when he was talking to somebody else.

Gawd, these puff pieces always get me worked up!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.