Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

OAFC All-Stars

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: OAFC All-Stars
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerryo1 on Sunday, September 29, 2002 - 08:01 pm:

Today Robert Buan announced his 2nd Annual All Star team of callers and e-mailers to the Extra Innings show. The OAFC Forum was represented by three frequent contributors: Bleacherdave and Eyleen each made it for the second time, and rookie Dorrit was also named.

Based on the "lameness" of Robert Buan, and the Extra Innings show, I'm not sure if these three individuals should be complimented for their association with it, or annointed as saints for their ability to tolerate it.

Congratulations (I guess)!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Sunday, September 29, 2002 - 10:46 pm:

Thanks, I guess.

Robert must have scraping the bottom of the barrel, cuz I only called maybe twice. At least he didn't name "Everyday Oscar" who called every day with nothing to say.

Kudos to Bleacher Dave, though, whose calls were always interesting, and congrats to Dorrit, as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By phil on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 06:44 am:

it's like the gold glove... after the first year, it's all based on reputation. Though I don't that will work for Chavez this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bleacherdave on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 08:17 pm:

So, I'm just coastin on my laurels, eh Phil? What I really wanna know is - where's my swag? My favorite caller was John....."you know what we need is somebody like Darrryl Knowles and Paul Linblad in the bullpen. Now those guys were relievers, and when the Finger man came in the game, it was all over"....Same call all year. He was passionate and I loved it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerryo1 on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 09:35 pm:

When he announced the All Star team, Buan said that he didn't have any prizes, but would work on getting something.

I know that you guys got that fine 2000 A.L. West Champions calculator last year. I always wondered if it really worked, or was a "Steve Schott calculator"--no matter what numbers you put in, it always came up negative.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 10:11 pm:

Jerry, LOL!!

No wonder my checkbook always seems to have a negative balance!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bleacherdave on Sunday, October 06, 2002 - 05:30 pm:

Great line, Jerry! I actually NEVER got mine, despite raggin Robert for months. I also won tickets on call of the game, and didn't get those until THIS year. They've got admin issues over there.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Sunday, October 06, 2002 - 10:51 pm:

I won the Bay Alarm Home Run Inning in April and it took 3 weeks and an email to David Alioto's office to get my autographed baseball. I don't think the front office is very well staffed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vinnieangelo on Sunday, October 06, 2002 - 10:55 pm:

Dave & EyleeM

Thats funny you guys have had problems. In 2000 & 2001 I won tickets from Martie Lurie about 5 times, and ALWAYS got them pronto...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.