Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Congress to honor A's?

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Congress to honor A's?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 10:21 pm:

"Tomorrow (October 1st) the House of Representatives will pass a resolution (H>Res.530) to congratulate the players, management, staff and fans of the Oakland Athletics for the longest American League winning streak."

I find it most interesting that Shit Selig hasn't said boo. But we must understand that he is too busy flitting around the country honoring INDIVIDUALS for their individual achievements .... in a TEAM SPORT!!!

If this resolution is true, old doofus is likely preparing (as we speak) to present some kind of acknowledgement during the postseason. His problem is figuring where, other than Oakland or Minnesota, of course, where the fans love him. :)

You can go to this site for the entire body of the resolution as posted on fanhome.

http://baseball.fanhome.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1111616

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 10:52 pm:

Hmmmm hope there isn't a jinx associated with being honored by congress like the SI cover jinx. I looked this up on the official site for the House of Represntitives and guess what its real! I think they have a little too much time on their hands.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Tuesday, October 01, 2002 - 09:21 am:

This is not a jinx...just political grandstanding near election time :')

I just hope these same politicians show their respect for the A's when Selig goes for our team's jugular again, because he will!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By me_94501 on Tuesday, October 01, 2002 - 09:30 am:

I'd love to see Bud the Slug's face when presenting the A's with the W.S. trophy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Tuesday, October 01, 2002 - 09:46 am:

And, it would likely be in our park. I'm sure the fans would cheer Bud's every move at Net Ass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gregorymark on Tuesday, October 01, 2002 - 11:12 am:

I'm sure Bud's considering that possibility too (handing over the WS trophy to the A's), and he's probably hoping the World Series ends in a tie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Tuesday, October 01, 2002 - 11:56 am:

Hah!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.