Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Speaking of contraction....

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Speaking of contraction....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vinnieangelo on Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 01:13 am:

This is WAYYYY "off field"...but I thought some of you may care....With the current state of financial problems, the Antioch Unified School District has decided that the Arts are no longer important. They have pink sliped the ENTIRE music department (instrumental and vocal) for next year. Including 2 high schools, 4 middle schools and 7 elementries.

THIS IS HORRIBLE! I could go on for about 3 weeks on this, but I won't. Just make sure if you have kids, RAISE A STINK about your district cutting music. Not only is this an outlet for the kids who are not into sports. Its a proven fact that kids who play music in school, get higher test scores.

Anyway, im off my soap box...peace and love...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 01:35 am:

sorry about that dude. it's a sad state of affairs right now. OUSD's gonna lay off even more teachers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 09:01 am:

Oh don't worry Vinnie, I've always been politically active, especially on education. We seldom get our priorities straight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 08:48 pm:

So Vin, does that put you out of a job?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vinnieangelo on Friday, March 14, 2003 - 12:53 am:

No, I don't work in the AUSD anymore. Its just a trend to cut $$$$...For instance, the Fresno schools have already cut the elementary music programs. And the music programs in Fresno are HUGE!!!

I work for the Pleasanton schools..Which is a wealthy enough community, where jobs wont be lost.

I just feel bad for kids who are having this part of their life taken away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By tekgraf on Friday, March 14, 2003 - 08:25 am:

It's a damn shame that the arts have to be one of the first programmes to get cut. It's the same for industry. I'm lucky, I'm still employed as a technical illustrator in the Silicon valley.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Friday, March 14, 2003 - 09:03 am:

I'm in Walnut Creek, and we're doing a big fundraiser for WCEF.(Walnut Creek Education Fund)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ramjet1 on Friday, March 14, 2003 - 10:28 am:

Your right Vinnie arts are vital for the 360 degree development of a child. Why budget slicers feel we can sacrifice the arts and assume we are not cutting our children's education short is beyond me.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.