Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

More Shame for Schott

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: More Shame for Schott
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By milo on Tuesday, April 01, 2003 - 12:21 pm:

It's possible this is an april fool's, but i don't think so. My buddy in minneapolis is tied into the political community, and sent this along yesterday...looks like an interesting split of public-private money. If it's announced, the local media should confront Schott with this deal.

Hi All!

I am putting my career in jeopardy, but this is too good not to share with the list.

Agreement has been reached on a new Twins stadium, and the announcement will be made on opening day at the Metrodome. The site will be downtown, but Mpls officials are still hemming and hawing about where. They prefer a site near the Hiawatha line, and the investors are looking at the Western edge site.

The Pohlads have put $200 million up front, in exchange for a share of parking, concessions and suite revenues for the next 15 years.

The legislature will pass a $200 bonding bill.

The remaining costs, estimated at $100-$200 million will be covered by a temporary metro-wide 1/4% sales tax which will remain in effect until the project is paid for, estimated at 5-7 years.

What this means for the Vikings is unclear, but there is alot of behind the scenes work going on to buy out McCombs and establish local ownership.
It is already public that Taylor and Naegle are involved, but there are other parties in negotiation and I really have revealed too much already.

All in all, a great day for professional sports in Minnesota!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.