Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Ownership -- question for knowledgeable people

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Ownership -- question for knowledgeable people
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ivorygums on Tuesday, April 01, 2003 - 05:11 pm:

This is directed mostly to Lil, but anyone can feel free to answer. Like I always mention, i'm on the East Coast of Canada, and although I follow the team fairly religiously, I do not have much info on the politics of the current ownership, or any of the prospects for new ownership. So my question, what is the current status? Is there anything in the works? Has anyone expressed a slight of interest? Y'know, I feel so in the dark, it would be nice to cling to some hope that some _real_ owners would come along and stop breaking the hearts of A's fans.

dig.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Wednesday, April 02, 2003 - 12:24 pm:

I think that if you go through some of the older threads of this forum, especially the Off Field matters, you'll find lots of newspaper articles and posts which will address the ownership change possibilities.

But as a quick summation, all I can say is that Hofmann wants to sell his shares but Schott is holding the cards since he's the active partner.
Schott appears to be playing the waiting game which has a lot to do with what Selig and MLB has in store for the A's.

Schott still has his pipe dream of moving the team out of Oakland but may be seeing it fade into recession and dot.com crash...

There is however a bidder group for the A's but they may have to wait until the end of the year.... or to see where teams are going to relocate (where they get a ballpark) once the Expos are sold. I doubt anybody would want to put money on this team and then play the silent partner as Hofmann has done. If a venture capitalist invests on this team, they will want to put their money where they're mouth is and not in Schott's pockets.

So there's my thoughts on the matter. Others of course may have other thoughts and opinions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ivorygums on Wednesday, April 02, 2003 - 12:37 pm:

Lil, thank you so much, that was a perfect summarized briefing... exactly what I was looking for.

dig.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.