Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Selig's Newest Brainstorm

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Selig's Newest Brainstorm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 07:10 pm:

Just watching Baseball Tonight and according to Peter Gammons, Bud Selig's newest idea after this eyar is with the "success" of the Expos playing in San Juan that next year the Marlins and Devil Rays may end up playing 30 games in San Juan or Mexico City. How far are we away from having duel city teams? How far are we away from Selig forcing the A's to play games outside the country?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 10:30 pm:

yc, maybe Selig should think of barnstorming his own team which is on pace to for the lowest attendance in the NL. What an absolute moron.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 10:49 pm:

Oh but then lil he'd have to admit that having a new stadium doesn't automatically lead to bigger crowds. I'm really worried that Schott will jump on this bandwagon if farming teams out to foreign countries continues past this season. Maybe not 30 games like the Expos but I could definently see Schott cutting a deal to move a six game homestand to San Juan or Mexico City or Antartica, as long as he makes a few extra bucks. Another thing the Expos are drawing about 13,000 in San Juan so really how big of a success has it really been? Yes I know it comes down to revenue in the end.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 11:12 pm:

Yes yc, it always comes down to having a compliant ownership. And that's why Selig hand picks the owners making sure they are worthy of being part of their cartel.

I had read some time back that Selig was toying with this idea of having two markets sharing one team instead of two teams sharing a market. So there you have it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.