Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Nice article by David Steele today

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Nice article by David Steele today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Monday, February 11, 2002 - 11:48 am:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2002/02/11/SP142030.DTL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gregorymark on Monday, February 11, 2002 - 05:01 pm:

From the article:

"In the crowd listening to Beane field questions, Darren Paulson of Vacaville made a pitching motion with his right arm. 'As long as they've got that,' he said."

I don't know....Sure, pitching and defense win pennants, but I get tired of hearing how "as long as we've got the pitching..." Pitching doesn't score runs.

"Added Paulson's friend, Bob Connolly, 'If I didn't bail on them when they got rid of (Mark) McGwire and (Jose) Canseco, I'm not going to bail on them now.'"

Translation: "They can poke us fans in the eye as much as they want; we'll take the abuse."

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.