Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

East Coast A's Fan

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: East Coast A's Fan
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oak75 on Monday, February 18, 2002 - 07:13 pm:

Hello, My name is Bob and I been a A's fan since the late seventies. I enjoyed reading all about the championship years of 1971-1975, which included three world series. I have been to about eight A's games here on the east coast(New York, Boston and Baltimore). Most of them were during the early 1980's. I did attend one game in 1978 and 1979. It was exciting to see Billy Martin in 1981 in New York. The last game I attended was 1991, in Baltimore. I wasa regular while growing up in CT at the West Haven A's games during the late seventies and early eighties. They were Oakland's double A club then.
I was of the few who followed the A's during there dry years of 1977-1979. Although it seems so long ago, which I guess it is, I'm not as old as you probably think. I am 3. I just took a licking to A's when I was young and started following them. I was a big fan of Mike Norris and catcher Jeff Newman. I also liked Carney Landsford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakman on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 12:58 pm:

Hello fellow east coaster! I'm a die hard from 1971 and I loved it when the A's had a farm team, in my backyard, the Albany-Colonie A's back in the early eighties. I remember Tim Belcher, Steve Ontiveros, Mike Gallego, Ken Kravec,Mike Gallego, Charlie O'Brein, Mickey Tettleton, Mike Ashman and all the great A's names that passed thru our region. They were great years and miss seeing the A's having a farm team up North.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By greenmachine on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 10:45 am:

Hey oakman- see your posts on the board sometimes. You probably already know me as a fellow eastcoaster (actually a Southerner). Good thing that the A's have fans all across the world!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakman on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 08:07 am:

You know it brother. Go A's!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bhart on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 03:25 pm:

hello oakman, i am trying to contact mike ashman. he played for the albany colonie a's in 1983. he played all 10 positions in a game at heritage park in sept 1983. i was at the game. his first time at bat, he fouled the ball off and i have it. i was with my 4 yr old neice and she wanted to go home. now she is hv=aving a baby boy and i would like to give the ball to the baby. if possible i would like to have mr ashman sign the ball. thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By health insurance on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 07:10 am:

Authentication Error

Your username/password combination was invalid, or you do not have permission to post to this topic. You may revise your username and password using the form at the bottom of this page.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.