Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Conversation btw. Gorgie Porgie and Slughead Selig

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Conversation btw. Gorgie Porgie and Slughead Selig
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 01:13 pm:

This started a few days ago.

Gorgie Porgie: "Bud, I am very concerned. The Oakland A's have four All-Stars, while the GREAT NY Yankees have only two."

Slughead: "Yes, I noticed that, George. Tell you what. Sweeney can't play, so I'll have Mike replace him with Giambi. And since Frank Thomas finished two slots higher than Giambi in the fan voting, I'll have him appease the Chicago fans by having Loiaza start the game."

This morning.

Gorgie Porgie: "Bud, while I appreciate your adding Giambi to the mix, the A's still have one more all-star than we do. And, after all, it is not our fault that 50% of our ballots turned up missing and only 50% of our guys got to vote. I really think Head-Hunter ... ooops, I mean, Rocket, should be on the team. After all, the fans really want to see him a part of this game." (ed. note, Steinshit should be excused for thinking the fans want to see Clemens, after all, he is totally unaware there are any fans outside of NYC.)

Slughead: "Yes, George, you're right. Tell you what. Zito pitched yesterday and can't pitch tomorrow. So I'm going to replace him with Clemens. And since Zito is already in town and in a press conference at the hotel, we can't very well feign injury. So, I'll figure some way to get Beane and Macha to take the fall for this. Anyway, George, don't forget you owe me a big favor. You now have four all-stars, while the A's have three. Give the favor some thought and get back to me."

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.