Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Seligs Chat Transcript

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Seligs Chat Transcript
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ivorygums on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 07:47 am:

Did anyone read this dribble? Jesum... discussing adding wild cards, a 'world cup of baseball', practically praising himself for getting Clemens in because 'zito is not available', and the 'Puerto Rico experiment'. I cant believe I read it all, he's just such a buffoooon.

here are some classic quotes for you:

Q. What will happen if the game tomorrow night will end, also, in a tie?

COMMISSIONER SELIG: Well, I don't make predictions, and last year and the night was a very ... somebody asked me earlier this morning about it. I said, I've been in this game 40 years; it was the longest, saddest night of my life.

and this lovely sweeping statement:

"I think you are about to see baseball enter into a remarkable renaissance of popularity. "

ugghh...

if you want to check it out in all it's glory:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20030714&content_id=427057&vkey=allstar2003&fext=.jsp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 09:28 pm:

No, thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 09:37 pm:

I just couldn't make myself read it either...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jayho on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 11:06 pm:

Note that the baseball renaissance will likely and *coincidentally* occur when Selig steps down. What a complete idiot. He is #2 on my assasination list behind Schott.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ballparkfrank on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 06:43 am:

The F.B.I. is now tailing jayho.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 07:05 am:

Selig is now tailing Jayho!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.