Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Beane and J.P.

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Beane and J.P.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By orangeman on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 06:58 pm:

From Ken Rosenthal at TSN:

"Some GMs are wary of the close relationship between the A's Billy Beane and Blue Jays GM J.P. Ricciardi, fearing that if they trade with one, their player could end up with the other and then get sent to a division rival.

For example, before the Cubs acquired Kenny Lofton, the Cardinals worried that if they traded J.D. Drew for the Blue Jays' Kelvim Escobar, Ricciardi would send Drew to the A's, who in turn might flip him to the Cubs. ... "

Are the Cardinals stupid? The A's NEED J.D. Drew, and I don't think they would trade him, unless they were blown away with a great offer by the Cubs.

http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/ken_rosenthal/20030727.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 07:35 pm:

This was posted on fanhome. My response was the Cubs needed a replacement in center for Patterson (they already have Alou & Sosa at the corners), why would they be interested in a cripple to play center for them? That was the most asinine position by the Cards, I've ever heard. They have gotten very paranoid. I still can't believe they thought that, however. I really can't. I think someone was pulling someone's leg.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chavvy03 on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 08:18 pm:

I don't really think Drew would be a horrible CF to have. However, that is just plain stupidity for Rosenthal to say that. I highly doubt that is what the Cards are thinking. And yes...if we get Drew we'll keep him. Who the hell would we need from the Cubs anyway?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 07:36 am:

Everything else aside. You're exactly right, chavvy, who would the A's be trying to get in return? Sosa? Please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 08:20 am:

Drew still in Beane's sights...
http://www.oaklandtribune.com/Stories/0,1413,82~10835~1537742,00.html

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.