Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Schott and Bonderman

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Schott and Bonderman
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bloggsy on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 03:45 pm:

i've been listening to the tiger coverage of today's loss as a web archive. the tiger announcers just told an interesting story about detroit's starter jeremy bonderman who derived special satisfaction from his previous appearance (good outing) vs oakland. why? because when he was an a's prospect a's owner steve (cheap) schott really put his foot in it when he said there was no way he'd sign a player who couldn't read or write. what schott neglected to do was get his facts right - bonderman was dyslexic and had worked hard to improve his own personal situation. he said schott's comments hurt. the more i get to know the a's ownership, the more i just downright dislike them as PEOPLE.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jenmed on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 04:51 pm:

I for one am well aware of these hurtful and truly vicious comments from Schott. That is the one consolation in today's loss (as well as the loss earlier this season) - Bonderman deserves to beat us after being treated so shabbily.

Truly disgusting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 09:38 pm:

Billy Beane didn't want Bonderman either. In the book Moneyball they talked about the disagreement between Beane and Grady Fuson over Bonderman's drafting. Beane's reason for not wanting to sign him was because he was not a college pitcher.

Of course Schott's comments was really typical of how an insensitive !@!!@$@@$ he is...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bloggsy on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 04:55 am:

did harden and bonderman room together for just one season? that's good company. and both are class acts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By orangeman on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 08:23 pm:

I have a feeling Bonderman is going to be a guy who haunts the A's for the rest of his career

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.