Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Art Spanders' column on Raiders attendance

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Art Spanders' column on Raiders attendance
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 03:13 pm:

Can't believe Art Spander wrote as his sports headline:"Only 37,341 come out for Raiders' first exhibition".This is sports worthy?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vinnieangelo on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 05:19 pm:

ITS PRESEASON FOOTBALL!!!!!!!! WHO CARES!?!?!?!? Especially week 1 preseason football. Who wants to pay 60 bucks a head, to see the starters play one series!?!?!?! GEEZ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chris_d on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 06:44 pm:

I agree. I couldn't believe Spander wrote that column. Does he really think there's a shortage of Raiders fans in the East Bay and around the whole Bay Area? He's forgetting the Raiders sold out at least half of last year's home games and came very close to selling it most or all of the rest. The real $$ in the NFL is the TV money, which all teams share equally, as they do the $3 billion annually in merchandising sales. Plus the 60-40 box office split among teams further mitigates any attendance problems any team may or may not have. The ticket issue has been well-chronicled, it's due to mismanagement and bad PR conducted on BOTH sides.

The attendance for Raiders games is really a non-issue at this time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 07:12 pm:

A Vinnie Angelo sighting!

Hey, Vinnie, don't be such a stranger!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vinnieangelo on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 08:18 am:

Hows it going Eyleem...

I have had a busy summer of drum corps tour. Good to be back. Maybe I can actually go to an A's game!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerryo1 on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 09:16 am:

Hey Vinnie,

Keep watching the forum. We are working out the details of another OAFC Tailgate Party/Parakeet Hunt, which should be finalized by the end of the weekend. Keep Sunday, August 31st clear on your calander. Hope to see you then!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vinnieangelo on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 11:57 pm:

Jer,

You know me and tailgating...its one big FIESTA!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.