Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Newhouse interview of De La Fuente

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Newhouse interview of De La Fuente
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland4ever on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 11:11 am:

Newhouse is trying to keep the ballpark candle burning with his questions...Hopefully this link from Monday's Oakland Tribune works;
http://www.oaklandtribune.com/Stories/0,1413,82~10835~1576946,00.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 11:49 am:

Well DLF is a typical politician telling Newhouse what he wants to hear so the part about the A's stadium has to be taken with a grain of salt.
But hopefully he's not lying about talking with the owners. I just wonder why Schott would even be talking to DLF when he doesn't seem to care much about his team staying in Oakland or even keeping its players for that matter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 12:13 pm:

"De La Fuente got back on his motorcycle and roared off. He could be heard a block away. That's true of him even when he isn't on a motorcycle."

That's a good one.

This is encouraging, but consider the source.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 01:26 pm:

I think DLF can't be taken seriously.

Schott expected public funds from his pipe dreamland Santa Clara, why wouldn't he ask and go after public funds from Oakland, the place he wants to leave as soon as possible.

In my opinion DLF was just trying to yank Newhouse's chain and keep him away from talking about his involvement with the Raider fiasco.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By tekgraf on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 11:31 pm:

DLF is the biggest jackass that ever existed. He suffers from little man syndrome. I know, the Fruitvale community redevelopment agency has been dealing with this clown for a long time. He seems to think that he got the ball rolling with the Fruitvale/Del Monte shopping center. He also thinks that if it were not for him we would not have the Fruitvale village project going. So, no, I don't trust the son of a bitch either. Both projects I mention were in the works long before Mr. Del La Fuentas swam over here. Please, don't write and accuse me of being racist, I'm Mexican too and I can plainly see that he is nothing more than a carpet bagger.

As for the little man syndrome thing, he is 5' 6" and he thinks he is tough. He is not. Myself and half the Fruitvale community knows it. Hell, the F..k doesn't even live in the Fruitvale. He and his wife have a house up in the Oakland hills, because his wife is afraid to live down here with the rest of us working class types.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ramjet1 on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 04:08 pm:

Tekgraf, tell us how you really feel about him. People like you are why I love Oakland.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By tekgraf on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 07:03 pm:

ramjet1, you and everyone who supports Oakland and her teams is all right in my book.

I supported a candidate who grew up in the Fruitvale. But this carpet bagger arrives out of nowhere and established himself as the people's choice. At least Brown was born in the bay area and his grandparents lived here in Oakland; not to say that Jerry is much better. I am very sorry that Bobb was fired, he was our real hope in getting this ball park thing going. However, being a native, I truly believe that something great will happen with the A's and a new ownerhship will arrive to help us fans out of our malaise [sic].

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ramjet1 on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 09:38 am:

I feel the same way and believe the same will happen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 09:42 am:

Fruitvale. Ahh, that surely invokes memories. Tell me, is Fremont High still standing? :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bubba69 on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 01:08 pm:

I wonder if this is another kiss ass attempt by Newhouse? He did the same thing when Pud Lite called him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By tekgraf on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 03:04 pm:

Yes, Fremont High is still going strong. Though I grew up in the Fruitvale, I went to St. Elizabeth's Elementary and High Schools.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.