Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Ratto

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Ratto
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By milo on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 11:34 am:

ARIZONA
What is true: The Diamondbacks' offense actually is not that bad at all, but there are a lot of unproven players in the September heat (Matt Kata, Robby Hammock, Alex Cintron), and there is also the Raul Mondesi Factor.

- ok, let's define our terms here, Ray. by "not that bad at all," do you mean top half in baseball? nope. how about top two-thirds? nope.

the dbacks are #23 in MLB in batting for the year. since the break, #29. out of 30 teams. they have driven in 3 more runs than the dodgers since the break, and 105 runs less than the braves.

but apparently, that's "not that bad at all"

how did an area with such a rich sports history end up with the worst -- hands down the worst -- sportswriters of any major market in the country? and apparently, no editors.

that's my question.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ssblip on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 03:39 pm:

I've always enjoyed Ratto's column -- he's one of the most colorful writers in the Bay Area. My God, even if you disagree, you have to admit the man can turn a phrase.

"What is true: Bonds does carry this team, the bench is deep, the bullpen is the envy of all those teams that don't have them, and their ballpark is a king- hell bitch to play in, to coin a phrase."

"King-hell bitch." Now go use that one on the kids and the ex-wife, and try to tell me the man can't write effectively.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.