Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Bud Selig

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Bud Selig
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownmojo on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 08:50 pm:

I am looking at team attendance and noticed that the Brewers are 26 out of 30 in attendance.

It seems like the buzz around thier new ballbark is over.

Explain this to me. How is it that the commisoner of baseball is the owner of the team that is in last place and has nearly the worst attendance.

That's kind of like having least succesful person in a company become president of the company.

Get rid of him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 11:22 pm:

The guy is a pawn for the owners. Plain and simple!

The owners want it to be status quo and would fear anybody like a Judge Landis or Bart G. who would take them out to the shed and give them a whuppin'.

All you hear is contract the Royals, Twins and Expos. EXCUSE ME, they're winning with young talent. Teams like the Brewers and Pirates could be contracted and nobody would care.

Both have had the same time to put a winner on the field and they've failed big time and there's no time in the near future where they could be a successful team.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bubba69 on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 05:08 pm:

Bud does not own the Brewers....His kid does....Yea Right!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ssblip on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 05:49 pm:

I think you're all missing the point...Bud's team is the second most PROFITABLE team in baseball, in terms of return relative to investment.

He's got a very good argument for staying uncompetitive for the rest of his life -- money! And he wants more of the owners in on this game, too.

Unfortunately he sees no reason to do things differently.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 06:14 pm:

The only thing that counts for Selig is to remain profitable, regardless of the quality of baseball.

In effect, his organization is still the second most profitable team due to the corporate sales of the new ballpark.

But the honeymoon will soon be over and in another year or so, the lucrative contracts he had will not be renewed.

Remember that not very long ago teams with ballparks like the Skydome and new Comiskey were very profitable but now are running on red again.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.