Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Moving to San Diego

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Moving to San Diego
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 07:03 pm:

In a sudden turn of events, I will be moving to San Diego at the end of October. I'm hoping this is the A's world series year so I can at least enjoy the championship while I still live here. If the Giants go all the way this year my only consolance is that I will be 500 miles away and won't have to hear the blather coming from the papers, TV, arrogant fans, radio, etc.
Then next year I can watch the Padres become a .500 team while the Giants focus shifts from winning a title to Barry's records.
But of course I will ALWAYS bleed green and gold and check this board as much as possible!

GO A'S!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 07:14 pm:

Good luck Kevin, but don't be a stranger...
and stay tuned here because we may very well give you a reason to come all the way from San Diego soon...

It is related to Rickey, but I can't say anything more about it that right now :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 09:41 pm:

Lil you're killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can I get a hint?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By orangeman on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 07:29 am:

Congrats Kevin. I know you've said in the past how much you wanted to live in San Diego. I can tell you first hand, it's a fabulous place to be, but the sports kinda sucks here (at least we have a new ballpark!) It's also a little far from the Bay Area for going to games.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 07:55 am:

Orangeman, thanks. Ya it will be tough leaving the A's and being that far from the Coliseum. I like the Pads though and they will be a decent team next year, at least .500 in their new park. The Chargers I don't care about and they're always pathetic and ready to leave town.

Does anyone go to SD State games?

Maybe we can start an Oakland A's fan club in SD!
You'll have to fill me on on some good places to watch games and all that...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 08:54 am:

Kevin,

Just be sure to keep checking our forum. But be sure to give your new e-mail if you change your ips account...

The hint? Well, all I can say is that it is NOT
related to the A's organization.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ballparkfrank on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 08:46 pm:

Well, Lil, I guess that means that the Giants are going to sign Rickey! Presumably, he will fill in for Mr. B. whenever his majesty needs a rest. Leave it to you to get a scoop (probably right from Peter Magowan).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 11:03 am:

very funny frank...

it would be a very bad day in my baseball life if i had to see the rickster wearing those abominable colors...

go wash your mouth please!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerseygirl on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 11:33 pm:

kevin, it was tough on us when we moved here last year (during the streak, no less...). The Padres are OK (if you like NL) and the new ballpark is wonderful. I was on an insider tour recently and it is something...

My one piece of advice: DO NOT LISTEN TO THE PADRES ON THE RADIO. The announcers are beyond awful, *especially* if you love Bill, Ray, and Ken.

Don't know much about SD State- I work at USD. Go Torreros!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 07:55 am:

Bye Kevink, keep posting-great to hear your views.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 09:02 am:

Jerseygirl- I like the Pads but of course there are no announcers like ours, and I'm an A.L. guy through and through. Good to hear there are other A's fanatics living in the SD area. Can't wait to see the new park!

Dorrit, thanks, I will definitely continue on this board!! The good thing about being out of the area will be that I won't have to hear the SF superiority and Bonds crap all the time. :^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 09:16 am:

Kevin, I can tell you now what I was hoping to happen this fall.

We were planning a luncheon to honor Rickey and make him our honorary member. But he had surgery and it doesn't look like its going to happen this year.

But next year, for sure, we will organize a function and we'll announce it here so that maybe you could come to Oakland to be present at this event when his fans show their appreciation for what he has done for our team's legacy.

Good luck to you in San Diego and don't be a stranger here on the forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 03:40 pm:

Speaking of San Diego.

Been worried about all the fires and wondering if all our fellow A's fans and othere posters are doing down there in So Cal.

Hope you're safe. My thoughts are with you all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 11:03 pm:

Orangeman and jerseygirl, check in, please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 09:57 am:

and KevinK...have you moved already to SD? I remember when you first told us you were moving at the end of October.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 06:27 pm:

Hi Lil,
Thanks for your concern! Yes I am here and all moved in and choking on smoke!
Interesting time to be moving here but we're not in harm's way, and things seem to be on the upswing in regards to the fires. Unfortunately almost 1000 homes have been destroyed, 15 lives lost and life has just been on hold here this week. The smoke has been pretty thick but today was sunny and clear where I am.
There's some info on donating at www.91x.com or the red cross (don't know the website).

Anyway thanks again for checking in. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 06:55 pm:

I'm glad you're OK Kevin. What a devastating thing...and to think this was in great part set by some sickos...
glad you checked in and here's hoping the others are also ok.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By orangeman on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 02:01 pm:

I'm just fine. My job has been extremely stressful because of all this, but I'm still alive and I still have a house, so I can't complain too much.

I actually between a body of water and land, so I was never in danger. But I could smell the smoke for a couple of days. I haven't really felt like doing much lately

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 03:25 pm:

My friend who lives in Bonita, outside SD, says her whole house and yard are covered with soot and ash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Canadian Pharmacy on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 01:14 pm:

Authentication Error

Your username/password combination was invalid, or you do not have permission to post to this topic. You may revise your username and password using the form at the bottom of this page.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.