Guidelines
    Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Read Ray Ratto's column today. He is right on!

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Read Ray Ratto's column today. He is right on!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 09:19 am:

I sent him an email with some added comments. Amongst other things, he was highly critical of Macha's removal of Dye for Melhuse (or anybody in that spot).

I agree, it was a horrible and stupid, stupid decision. In fact, the more I think of it, it was unbelievable. And I thought that before Melhuse even stepped to the plate.

Further, I am pissed with Slusser's notes this morning, as about the only thing she mentions of Guillen was his poor decision to go for a triple. That's fine, but then go ahead and applaud this guy for what he did while with broken hand trying to carry this team on his back. Most of the media hasn't the guts to tell it like it is. Ratto, thankfully, did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By mutiny on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 09:32 am:

actually, i think guillen's baserunner has more to do with washington. it looked like he turned the corner, ready to stop and saw wash waving him to third. he started running again, but lost a few crucial steps. he should have never been waved to third. on a close play, you don't want to make your final out at third. i thought that was fundamental.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 09:44 am:

That ball Guillen hit had triple written all over it. It was Damons perfect throw and the perfect relay that got him. 9 times out of 10 he would make it to 3rd on that play.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By mutiny on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 09:53 am:

oh, i was talking about the hit last night -- guillen's RBI double/triple. sorry. i thought it was last night that slusser was talking about...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 09:57 am:

Yeh, I was talking about last nite and that is the play Slusser was referring to. She even made the point of it being the third out and Hatteberg just scored before it was made. That play in Boston with Damon's once in a lifetime throw, was a good aggressive play. Heck, even Joe Morgan said that. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By urbanite on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 11:42 am:

I agree with Ratto, too. This one is the worst. In the first two years, the A's were obviously overmatched against the Yankees, and it was a real-life David vs. Goliath. Last year sucked, as Howe and Beane handed it to Minnesota. But this year was the worst. Boston was favored, sure, and perhaps they are a better team when you do the numbers. But after winning game one in such dramatic fashion, no team on earth could have let that series slip away. Oh, except a team with perpetual chokers and headcases in the 3-4 spots like Tejada and Chavez.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.