Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Newspaper coverage of rally/City Council meeting

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Newspaper coverage of rally/City Council meeting
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 10:35 am:

Surprise, surprise--the Chronicle (at least in my East Bay home delivery edition) didn't print a single word about the rally/meeting last night. I guess their writers go to bed early on week nights.

The Trib had a front page story with a color pitcture and in the West County version of the Times, the story appeared on page 4.

As for the late evening news last night, I caught the story on Ch. 2 (near the end of the broadcast, just before the sports), Ch. 5 and 7. It certainly wasn't the "leadoff" story, but it was among the top stories. Coverage was pretty even-handed, I'd say.

Here's the link for the Times story. I can't find the story on the Trib website at all, strangely enough.

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/cctimes/2845799.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 10:45 am:

By the way, Ch. 2 was the only newscast that ran a graphic of a brief statement by Mike Crowley to the effect that the A's are "excited" by the development of stadium plans. I can't remember the exact words, but it was a positive statement, if not a wholehearted endorsement/commitment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ramjet1 on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 11:02 am:

2,4,5, and 7 all ran late news stories about last nights council meeting. Only channel 7 showed Nancy "Naysayer" Nadel commenting about the city's deficit, but thats KGO for you. The other channels were informative and had a neutral to positive spin. We had a decent showing last night but lets keep the pressure on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerseygirl on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 11:52 am:

Great job all! I couldn't make it, but I flipped news channels most of the evening checking out the coverage and I thought it was surprisingly decent.

You all looked like you were having so much fun at the rally- wish I had been there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chrishorvath on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 12:25 pm:

here's a link to trib article

hope it works

http://www.oaklandtribune.com/Stories/0,1002,1865%257E460221,00.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chrishorvath on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 12:44 pm:

here's a much better link... with pic

http://www.insidebayarea.com/

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.