Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Oakland: Smart City

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Oakland: Smart City
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chris_d on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 01:00 pm:

For anyone that refers to Oakland as a "wasteland", economically or otherwise, here's even more proof that they are wrong. The common perception of Oakland is a misperception.

Here's the best part (link listed below):

"Oakland beat tech-centric San Jose in this scholarship smackdown. The Census survey found that 13.1 percent of Oaklanders have advanced degrees, making it the 14th smartest city in the nation, while San Jose, where 12.2 percent of those over 25 have advanced degrees, ranked 19th."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2004/03/11/BUG305I21.DTL&type=business

(Last thing: I'm not talking trash about the South Bay, which is a place that I like. But this is yet another reminder that the negative hype about Oakland is just that -- hype.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyshero on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 06:09 pm:

If they're so friggin smart, why'd they sign that deal with the Raiders?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 10:38 pm:

No one ever said politicians were smart.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jayho on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 11:16 pm:

LMAO.

Actually the smart ones, prolly voted against it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.