Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

steroid commentary

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: steroid commentary
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By warnerkallus on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 03:12 pm:

Wasn't sure if this should be on offfield or not, but it is a good perpective by a baseball player.
http://www.cleveland.com/weblogs/jodygerut/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By 5thtimethecharm on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 09:49 pm:

Come on, Jody, wake up and smell the dehydrochlormethyltestosterone. Gerut conveniently doesn't mention that the drug tests are administered just once a year. (Okay, technically, it's two times in a 7-day period.) If I was juiced and wanted to continue juicing, I would do like Giambi and "lose 4 pounds" until the test was sprung on me. Then, once the tests were over, knowing that there wouldn't be any tests until the following season, I'd be able to load up to my heart's content on clostebol or methyltestosterone or what have you without fear of getting caught.

Presumably the HPAC will have figured this out and will hold off on testing until late in the season. But then the players will figure out that the HPAC has figured it out, and they'll wait until, say, late summer before "losing 4 pounds."

So why don't the parties involved just suck it up and amend the CBA to require testing at least, say, 10 times a year, including the off-season.

And the plea to wait and see if the system "works" is a bunch of hooey. The only proof that an easily-foolable system "works" would be if 100% of the players test positive. Think about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 11:12 pm:

Yeah, I thought Gerut's piece was pretty lame. Could have been written by Donald Fehr.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.