Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

An early attempt by oakland to get a MLB team

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: An early attempt by oakland to get a MLB team
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By linusalf on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 04:32 pm:

http://www.walteromalley.com/docu_detail.php?gallery=1&set=16&numDocus=8&docu=4&pageNum=1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By goldtymer on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 04:42 pm:

Very nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By tekgraf on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 12:57 am:

Wow. I did not know this. This is incredible. I noticed that one of the coucilmembers was Frank Youell [sp]. Would we have gotten the Giants or the Dodgers? Hmmm, the Oakland Dodgers?

Oakland Giants? yuk!

I can't wait for Schott to drop off the face of the earth and leave our A's with someone who cares about both the city and the team.

Damn you Schott!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 07:35 am:

I would have been able to really one day die in peace had the Dodgers moved to Oakland instead of LA. Now I only have to look forward to gloating as I one day pass by baseball hell (on my way to baseball heaven) to watch Walter O'Malley burning there for all eternity. And maybe Schott will be there too...sigh...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 08:38 am:

Very interesting.
A dome in Oakland?
Kind of strange after he mentioned the great weather Oakland gets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 04:40 pm:

Imagine as your on I-80 heading toward the Bay bridge there to the left in Emeryville where the Holiday Inn now stands is the great "Dodger Dome"
the house that koufax built, yes friends the Dodgers move to Oakland and the Giant's to San fran what a true rivalry i would have been with the Dodgers frustrating the city of san fran through the 60's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 09:31 am:

Instead, the A's frustrate the Giants with their runs in the 70's and 80's, ultimately with the 89 WS Championship over their cross bay rivals.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By manimal on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 10:40 pm:

It's funny that they mention both Oakland's better weather and their desire to build a domed stadium.

However, since I'm sure many cities seeking teams submitted proposals like this to the already-out-the-door Dodgers and Giants, I wouldn't put too much stock in them being the almost-Oakland Dodgers.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.