Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

A's radio network

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: A's radio network
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 03:21 pm:

I can't find the thread where someone asked about radio stations that carry the A's, but here's the link to the A's website with the info:

"http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/oak/schedule/affiliates.jsp"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By wbell on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 06:33 pm:

Except for KAHI in Auburn, the A's don't have a station in the Sacramento area. Is there any wonder why they have a hard time generating interest in the region?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 07:02 pm:

Nice to see all those stations carry the A's but it would be even better if the A's were on ONE station that had a strong signal and you wouldn't have to worry about which station to turn to in a different part of the bay area.

Not asking for a all sports 24 hour station like knbr, just something that has a stronger signal than kfrc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 11:02 pm:

At night, I can pick up several stations from LA on my little portable radio. Those are strong signals!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 12:25 am:

Yeah, but compare those stations to the juggernaut of knbr 680.

50000 watt station that when the sun goes down, a good part of the western US can pick up their signal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By goldtymer on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 08:22 am:

TRUE.

I cannot get the Fresno station (or any A's affiliate) clearly in Bakersfield but I can get KNBR

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 10:02 am:

I can get 810 KGO at night in San Diego. Wish they would pick up the A's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By goldtymer on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 11:06 am:

Kevin, I should be down there in about a month.

I can get the remainder of the season on MLB.com TV for under $60.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 04:00 pm:

GT, I hope you get down here soon and strengthen the Coalition South.
Where do you get that $60 deal?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyshero on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 04:46 pm:

At least they stopped pretending to have an affiliate in Sacramento. They kept listing KHTK as an affiliate for the last several years, where the A's were constantly pre-empted by xxxxxx(deleted by moderator) basketball all summer.

If the Schott had any marketing sense whatsoever, he'd cut a deal with KSTE 650. It covers the whole valley and into the Bay Area and foothills. They currently carry the River Cats, which can't pull any numbers outside Sacto. Toss Art Savage some cash and put the River Cats games on some local five watter. Nobody'd care, except for Johnny Doskow.

Then again, that's making the big error of envisioning Schott with any interest in building the fan base of this team.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By wbell on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 05:44 pm:

They kept listing KHTK as an affiliate for the last several years, where the A's were constantly pre-empted...

That was huge joke. They pre-empted the A's almost every time they could. Only the Saturday and Sunday games were carried, and even those were broadcast without pre or post game shows.

If the Schott had any marketing sense whatsoever, he'd cut a deal with KSTE 650. It covers the whole valley and into the Bay Area and foothills.

True, I can hear it reasonably well even in Redwood City.

They currently carry the River Cats, which can't pull any numbers outside Sacto. Toss Art Savage some cash and put the River Cats games on some local five watter.

The bigger problem would be all the syndicated programming 650 carries in the daytime. Apparently those contracts don't allow for pre-empting. That's why River Cats day games are tape delayed and 7:05 games lack a pre-game show.

Finleyshero, do you live in the Sacramento area? What happened to 1380? In the 80's it was a great A's affiliate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 10:56 pm:

(deleted by moderator)

classic ,saying like it is!!!

the only league that instead of the first 5k getting mini basketballs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(deleted by moderator)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 02:48 am:

deleted by moderator

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 11:53 am:

OK, boys, that's enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 03:48 pm:

Thank you, moderator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By goldtymer on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 04:00 pm:

Kevin,

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/video/mlb_tv.jsp

There is the link for MLBTV for the rest of the season for $59.95

Oh and by the way everybody

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (deleted by moderator).

:)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.