Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Oakland Ballpark light looking dimmer

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Oakland Ballpark light looking dimmer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaklandfasho510 on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 05:36 pm:

Oakland Ballpark light looking dimmer because according to today's tribune, the Oak to 9th Street deal with Signature properties is almost a done deal, and so is the Terminal site. And we already know what's happening with the uptown site, so who knows what will happen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chris_d on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 06:02 pm:

"No, there is another."
--Yoda (or Yogi Berra, I get those two confused)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 07:18 pm:

The Oak to 9th location might have been a great location to build a park but it was never going to happen anyway.

The JPA didn't consider that a viable location a couple of years ago which I think led to the deal with Sig Properties.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By tekgraf on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 09:48 pm:

Even so, Sig properties have often mentioned that they would be interested in building a ball park, if it's feasible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 12:25 am:

Would there be enough room there. You'd had to add a baseball park, the parking, shops, housing and enough land for open area which the estaury planned and Oakland residents passed a few years back.

I think the estaury runs right through that area and having a park there with cars in and out of that area wouldn't be all that inviting to that environment. I watch ktop during the planning commissions/city council meetings occasioanlly and you'll get many people opposing many projects because of the effect it may have on the surrounding neigborhood. Wouldn't think many of them would be all that happy if a park was built in an area which was supposed to be an open area filled with trees and parkland.

But if it was up to me, yeah I'll

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ballparkfrank on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 07:38 am:

Yeah, the A's will someday enjoy a new ballpark in Oakland, but what's the hurry? You want to pay for a seat license? ...jacked up prices for tix, parking and concessions? ...have a bunch of obnoxious people on cell phones taking up all the good seats and not even caring about the game on the field?

The only pressure to have a new stadium sooner rather than later would come from another city rushing ahead and building a new ballpark for the A's, and that's NOT happening. Talk is cheap, especially when it comes from Bud Selig's lips. The Oakland A's aren't going anywhere, so relax and enjoy a game at the Coli!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.