Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Just Called Up From LA!

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Just Called Up From LA!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By tomd on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 08:15 am:

Hi Guys,

I am the latest rookie to join the OAFC!!

You can thank Charlie Finley for leading me to the site. I have been desperately trying to find a copy of the famous "Mustache Gang" SI photo with COF in the middle of Reggie, Catfish, etc., so I entered "Charlie Finley" in my search engine and voila! So I figured any website that can boast one of the all-time great baseball photos has GOT to be first-class. :-)

Been an A's fan before the age of 10 and have been following the team through its various incarnations as the Mustache Gang, BillyBall, the Bash Brothers, and the Beane-y Boys. In fact I just finished reading Bruce Markusen's excellent book "A Baseball Dynasty" which I HIGHLY recommend to those who haven't read it yet.

Go A's...and to this day I still believe Mike Norris should've gotten the Cy Young Award instead of Steve Stone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 08:54 am:

Welcome tomd,

We are all very proud of the A's legendary characters and players.

If you enjoy reading Bruce's writings, then you will like the fact he has a regular column which we regularly publish on this site. His latest was hot off the press and posted yesterday. Enjoy!

http://www.oaklandfans.com/columns/markusen/markusen177.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By goldtymer on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 07:48 am:

Hey tomd,

Sounds like you have seen as many seasons as I.

I hope to see you around the board.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By colt45allstar on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 05:32 pm:

Damn what I would give to have been around during those 70's teams. Welcome aboard the site! I've only been a fan since Mac's rookie year (then again I was only born in 79) and have enjoyed the ride as a A's fan through both the good and the bad. I don't post here as often as I should, but it's a great site and you should enjoy it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.