Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Yet another new poster here (Steve from Alameda) - June 27th

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Yet another new poster here (Steve from Alameda) - June 27th
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By steve on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 02:13 am:

Hi. I've enjoyed reading the messages on this site for quite some time. Seeing as how I'm quite a big A's fan, while rarely having enough other big A's fans surrounding me, I'd like to introduce myself here and start posting with you all whom I have noticed to be quite knowledgable about the game and the team.

I have ventured into the chat room twice, and the people that I briefly chatted with there were very friendly to me considering the frame of mind I was in at the time. I believe I met Lil, Jerry, and Goldtymer? Anyways, whether that memory exists or not with any of you reading at this moment; hopefully will be beside the point.

I'd like to apologize for any confusion or uncomfortableness I may have caused at the time. Unfortunately, I feel the need to recount what happened very briefly here.

(((Stupidly enough, I was of the belief that a couple of people in the room at the time had been playing an internet trick on me (was being cyber-stalked at the time), and had figured out I was going into the chat, before I even entered, in order to harrass me. (See, I told you it was stupid.)

I think I remember briefly explaining this in the room, but quite honestly, I was too embarassed to explain further or return. Anyways, I suppose I'm over that episode and I'm hoping we can just leave it at that - something that was stupid, and of no consequence which is in the past.)))

----------------------------------------------

I'm hoping this will be an opportunity to start fresh and be a contributor of worth around here.

Thanks for your time, and I hope to be able to have some fun and thought provoking discussions with whoever is interested.

Steve
Alameda

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 07:53 am:

Welcome Steve,

I do remember and it was Jer that was at the chat at the time you came in briefly.

We were a bit confused but don't worry, we that know the weird cyber world know how things can get very confusing.

Enjoy and/or suffer your season along with us...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerryo1 on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 09:00 am:

Welcome aboard, Steve!

As anyone who frequents this board, or knows me personally, will tell you, don't take me too seriously. Most everything that I say is off-the-cuff, in an attempt at humor.

I don't recall the incident that you described, but if it was me who offended you, I'm sorry.

Now start making some significant posts, so that I can rip you!:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By goldtymer on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 07:45 am:

Welcome Steve,

I don't remember any incidents. The truth of the matter is that I don't remember what I had for breakfast 2 days ago. I remember stupid trivia & almost everything I read on baseball history.

If I came off offensive please don't take it personally. I will counter an opinion that I am contrary to. That is what makes this site so good, so many posters are so convicted in what they believe (others are just convicted or should be).

Please jump in and be read. Please also be prepared to back up what you say or have someone take issue with a different opinion.

The key is not to attack the poster personally but you may rip the post itself.

I hope to cross your path in many good conversations hereforward.

Have fun.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.