Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Michael Urban the mediot!

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Michael Urban the mediot!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 07:57 am:

Michael Urban, the same guy who was having a lovefest with Menechino while chastising the fans who felt he should be traded, now shows a total lack of respect for fans who feel the greatest player in Oakland A's history should be honored and retired as an Oakland A's.

Michael Urban is an absolute disgrace and A's fans should not be exposed to his ignorance at the official Oakland A's site.

I see Rickey Henderson is still at it. Any chance the A's will give him his wish of retiring in an Oakland uniform? I'm sure he's still got a little bit left in the tank.
--Kiel C. (Des Moines, Iowa)

Enjoy this and take note, fans. It's the last time I'm ever going to address the Rickey issue, so don't even bother asking about it anymore. Rickey will never again play for the A's. Rickey is 76 years old. Rickey is batting .112 for a glorified junior college All-Star team. If Rickey wants to retire in an Oakland uniform, Rickey's probably going to have to buy Rickey an A's jersey at Big 5 and call a press conference at Rickey's house. OK? Uncle. He's not coming back. Deal with it.

Mychael Urban is a national writer for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By goldtymer on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 08:00 am:

I know that writers get tired of that question but that is just disrespectful.

Shame on him!

I hope when Rickey is being inducted into the HOF he knows to snub this @$$hole.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.