Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Oakland/SF fans rank in top 5

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Oakland/SF fans rank in top 5
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chris_d on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 11:00 pm:

...a ranking of the most passionate sports markets in the U.S. ... was commissioned by DirecTV and created by something called the Center for Sports Psychology, a group based in Philadelphia. They called the ranking the Sports Fan Passion Index.

Denver, Boston, San Francisco/Oakland, Philadelphia and New York/New Jersey were ranked the top five areas for passionate fans.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brew/jul04/244366.asp

(Somebody tell Bud Selig!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By billymac on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 05:27 pm:

Only when we're winning. The Bay Area has the most fairweather fans in the world.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 05:33 pm:

"The Bay Area has the most fairweather fans in the world."

Really? Have you seen the nice new shiny ballparks with the empty seats when they are no longer winning? And what about the brand new parks where they haven't won in years? And most of those are in areas where they don't have the alternative choices for entertainment we do in California.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jayho on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 07:10 pm:

billymac,

go to LA and tell us about that one again.

Raiders have die hard fans, Niners, G's, and A's.

That is some straight BS.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By billymac on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 01:42 am:

shouldn't have said in the world.

I agree with what you both said. I thought i was starting a conversation with some honest criticism but i guess i chose the wrong thing to criticize, and now I will go back into my hole.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By billymac on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 01:43 am:

in LA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 07:54 am:

LA fans are laid back but they typically sell out Doger Stadium year after year.
The Bay Area definitely has some passionate sports fans but you really can't compare to places like Green Bay for football, or Boston for baseball.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.