Guidelines
    Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

New OAFC radio show is going to be aired...

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: New OAFC radio show is going to be aired...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 07:32 pm:

We're going to start our very own internet radio post game show this Sunday. We'll have our very own host, ballparkfrank, and we'll be receiving phone calls from you.

The game starts at 10:15 pacific and our radio show will follow immediately.

This is a new adventure for us so be patient and hopefully it will be lots of fun.

Stay tuned for specifics and more info...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By goldtymer on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 08:42 pm:

I'll bet it goes great. Can you save a link to this show on the site so I can hear what I am missing? I will be in Vegas on convention.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jayho on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 09:12 pm:

Lil,

can we talk about the A's moving to SJ? =) =) =)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 09:29 pm:

sure you can...but you're not going to use our air time to promote events sponsored by the San Jose Chamber of Commerce promoting the team's relocation.

btw, try calling the A's station promoting our cause and see what happens...the A's refuse to even show our banner KEEP THE A'S IN OAKLAND at the Coli...they have never showed interest in staying in Oakland but are always blaming the politicos, the fans and attendance.

Compare that with the campaign the Giants ran with KNBR blasting for support for a ballpark in San Francisco. And even so they were voted down and had to build a privately funded ballpark in order stay in the area.

So jayho, aren't you glad you asked :)?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 03:58 pm:

wait, you mean, you have brought the OAFC sign to the game and they don't let you in with it? Are you kidding me or am I reading that wrong?

I can't wait to call in!

Can I be a sub for ballparkfrank?! I could be his side kick, "ballparkveggiedawg"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 05:38 pm:

No, they allow us to put up the sign, but they never show it at Diamond Vision like they do with all the other signs.

And also...when we did our petition drive collecting signatures in support for keeping the A's in Oakland, to be given to the Mayor, the
A's never really cooperated with our campaign.

If they really had any interest in staying in Oakland they would have promoted our intention which was requesting the Mayor to cooperate with our efforts.

When I asked Mike Crowley and other front office people to sign our petition...they politely declined saying: "sorry but we can't do it"...
Mrs. Schott and her father also declined to sign.

However, Billy Beane did sign our petition and so did DePodesta.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 06:46 pm:

ballparkveggiedawg -- LOL!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakchick on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 07:47 pm:

BB signed it? Good for him.

By the way, I could be ballparkonionandmustard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By phil on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 08:44 pm:

We're almost all set! The station will be called KOPR, which stands for OAFC Pirate Radio. I hear Ballpark Frank is doing voice exercises as we speak. It is very likely that we will fumble some calls and have minor technical difficulties since it's the first time, but it's bound to get better.

If your computer is not equipped to listen to online radio stations, it takes about 20 minutes to install the required software. So don't wait until after Sunday's game or you'll miss a big part of the show. I posted instructions for you to make sure that you can listen and/or install the necessary software at:

http://www.oaklandfans.com/koprinst.html

If you try and have trouble, post your questions on this thread. I'll check the next couple of days and see if I can help out.

Immediately after the last out of Sunday's game, check out the following page for the link that will take you to the broadcast:

http://www.oaklandfans.com/kopr.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By wbell on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 01:49 pm:

What's the phone number for listeners to call the show?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sjathletics on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 03:24 pm:

Muh waa ha ha.... do I get to call in and express my point of view on where the A's should relocate to?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By phil on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 06:07 pm:

We actually don't know what the number will be yet, but we'll set it up before then. We'll post the phone number on the same page that we post the link, and we'll also announce it on the air.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By tekgraf on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 08:00 pm:

Go ahead, sj. We'll only counter that San Jose can't even support a two bit team like the quakes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakchick on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 09:40 pm:

you said it, tekgraf! Tell it like it is!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By phil on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 04:16 pm:

Just a reminder, one more day until we're on the air! Be sure to tune in immediately after the last out of Sunday's game.

If your computer is not equipped to listen to online radio stations, it takes about 20 minutes to install the required software. So don't wait until after Sunday's game or you'll miss a big part of the show. I posted instructions for you to make sure that you can listen and/or install the necessary software at:

http://www.oaklandfans.com/koprinst.html

If you try and have trouble, post your questions on this thread. I'll check the next couple of days and see if I can help out.

Immediately after the last out of Sunday's game, check out the following page for the link that will take you to the broadcast:

http://www.oaklandfans.com/kopr.html

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.