Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

2005 Bullpen

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: 2005 Bullpen
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chavvy03 on Monday, October 04, 2004 - 04:57 am:

I noticed that Eddie Guardado could be a free agent this offseason. There is a Mutual option for 2005 with the Mariners. If they A's show interest....you think he'll opt out to play near his hometown? His ERA through 45.1 innings was 2.78

If we can manage to get rid of Rhodes....maybe we can get Eddie here...especially if we don't keep Dotel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chavvy03 on Monday, October 04, 2004 - 05:13 am:

Scott Williamson is also a free agent....don't think the Sox will make him a top priority. They have too many other players they need to worry about signing. Either Williamson or Guardado would be a welcome edition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By soxxinny on Monday, October 04, 2004 - 06:07 am:

Williamson is fantastic-when he's healthy. I wouldn't think you would want to make him THE answer in your 'pen, but maybe give him an incentive laden contract based on games pitched in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By goldtymer on Monday, October 04, 2004 - 07:26 am:

We need SOMETHING done with the pen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bigthree17 on Monday, October 04, 2004 - 09:24 am:

Guardado has a bum shoulder and they thought he would miss most of the 2005 season before he went the rehab route rather than surgery. I still see him as a big risk. Williamson is an injury waiting to happen.

But the pen needs a major overhaul. One guy is not going to do it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By mulder4cyoung on Monday, October 04, 2004 - 10:00 pm:

I love Williamson, and soxxinny is right with the incentives. If hes healthy, he could be the nasty 8th inning guy we need. Everyday Eddie kinda freaks me out - the shoulder is going like bigthree said. I think we will see Garcia and Street next year to help remedy the problem

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jtraeg on Monday, October 04, 2004 - 10:02 pm:

Eddie sounds like a good idea but we all have seen him when he struggles at the coli and it is UGLY.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Tuesday, October 05, 2004 - 12:58 am:

We know Beane loves Williamson. He was going to trade Mulder for him a few years ago wasn't he? So if Williamson is there for the taking, I'd much rather have him then Dotel.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.