Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Josh Hamilton

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Josh Hamilton
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chavvy03 on Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 02:59 pm:

Anyone heard any new updates on the guy? Is he completely rehabbed from drugs and will he be with Tampa Bay next season? Crawford, his teammate said he has never seen a player with so much talent. I'd like to see this talent next season.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By mulder4cyoung on Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 07:05 pm:

I say we take him off their hands. At this point, i think it wouldn't that much to get him, and hes well worth the risk (for those of you keeping score, I've advocated trading for about half the major league now). the deal with him is he was suspended this year for drugs but is expected to be back in spring training

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bigthree17 on Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 07:42 pm:

He's got a lot of tattoos. He'd be a great fit, like Craig Wilson and his hair. It'll be like 2001 all over again.

BTW, I know this isn't PC, but is it bad that for the longest time I didn't realize this guy was white?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakchick on Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 08:20 pm:

with a name like Josh? C'mon, man.

That being said, JH sound like Jose Guillen/Milton Bradley--too much PITA (Pain In The Ass) to deal with. Or worse: he could be the next D. Strawberry....

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/news/040218hamilton.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 08:40 pm:

Well, the question becomes which would be cheaper, paying for Bradley/Guillen's anger mgmnt or Hamiltons' next drug rehab? Puhleeze. Leave those problems to other organizations to sort out. Oh, and with Bradley and Guillen, you know they can play in the majors; Hamilton is still a prospect. Good analogy re D.Strawberry, oakchick.
Hopefully, our organization isn't that desperate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 09:24 pm:

According to the BA article, "Under the rules, players cannot be suspended for use or possession of marijuana." Hmmm. I didn't know that. Not exactly performance enhancing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Friday, October 08, 2004 - 10:39 am:

Yeh, eyleenn, I noticed that. Another joke with re to mlb and the players' union.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.