Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Who is Rene Lachemann?

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Who is Rene Lachemann?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kkdaz on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 01:22 pm:

Our new bench coach, apparently. Where's he from?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chris_d on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 01:28 pm:

He's the A's former 3rd base coach when Tony La Russa was the manager during the late '80s-early '90s teams.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerryo1 on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 01:41 pm:

Wow!! This is great news!! Lach was the manager for Modesto when I was there, and he's a fantastic guy. He has managed in Seattle, Milwaukee, and Florida. He has been a bench coach or base coach with Boston, Seattle, St. Louis, and the Cubs too.

I'm very happy for him, and the A's. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerryo1 on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 01:44 pm:

BTW, his biggest claim to fame is that he shared a rookie baseball card with Catfish Hunter.
catfish

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 02:48 pm:

He was also part of the 1968 Oakland A's.

Great news to get him back. Love to see him as manager of the A's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By simplefan on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 02:49 pm:

I know Jerry is doing a snoopy happy dance!!!

Right on!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 03:38 pm:

My fondest thoughts of Lach, are when he was 3rd base coach with the A's and McGwire came barreling around third knocking him over ... pretty funny.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 09:43 pm:

Maybe he'll be in line to succeed Macha, hopefully sooner rather than later!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pokayoats on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 01:38 am:

Deajay, the funny thing is that I remember that game. Not because I actually saw the game, but because my neighbor was so excited about it, he shouted the play by play to me the next day and acted out every moment of it. One of my fondest momments of the A's, even though I necer saw it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dansward on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 01:50 pm:

Love the card, Jerry. "Johnny Odom" and "Jim Hunter". Before Charile got to them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By colt45allstar on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 09:56 pm:

Great to have Lach back!

I've always been a fan of that guy... Like most of you would not mind him replacing Macha either :)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.