Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Coaching staff set for 05

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Coaching staff set for 05
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 02:59 pm:

In addition to signing Lache, the A's announced Ron Washington, Brad Fischer, Curt Young, Bob Geren and Dave Hudgens have all agreed to contracts 2005.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bigthree17 on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 03:21 pm:

Great! Wash is back! That's good news.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 03:24 pm:

Where did you see this, lil? I assume you're saying they signed Renee Lacheman (again).

So, who's going to be the bench coach? Lache? Would like to see Washington get a shot at it. If they are serious about his deserving a managerial job somewhere (I hope here, someday), that makes sense. Course Geren is Billy's friend and he has also been pushing him for a managerial job somewhere. Anyway, selfishly, I hope somebody doesn't swoop down and decide to interview and take Wash from us. Also answers questions with re to Curt Young's status. But I think keeping him ... at least for another year ... seems a good choice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 04:32 pm:

Yes, the A's signed Lachemann as bench coach to replace Spier (sp) and all the other coaches renewed their contracts for another year.

Washington signed a contract for 2005 year as third base coach and so did all the other coaches for the same jobs they had in 2004.

I got an email from a reliable source amd I suppose it is puclic knowledge by now since somebody posted already on the Lache signing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By peanut_gallery on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 04:37 pm:

Yep, It's Lachemann and he'll be the bench coach. Here's one article on it:
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=athleticslachemann&prov=st&type=lgns

I'm happy with all of these moves. I think you have to give Young another year. The hitters did well, so Hudgens is a no brainer, and I liked Lachemann as a coach the first time around. Of course everything (except one little pitch to a certain limping Dodger) was golden back then.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.