Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Seth Etherton

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Seth Etherton
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kkdaz on Monday, November 01, 2004 - 02:57 pm:

A one-year contract? What's the plan?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Monday, November 01, 2004 - 05:20 pm:

Plan? Just a six-year minor league free agent to be Spring Training fodder.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By garyn on Monday, November 01, 2004 - 08:46 pm:

Well, this may be a better pick up than that. Etherton is a former first rounder - 18th pick in 1998 by the Angels. He's had a lot of arm/injury problems, but the potential is there and his number from last year in the minors looks really good.

If this turns out well it would balance the universe a bit as the Angels have gotten a lot of mileage out of Kevin Gregg who came from our system.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 08:54 am:

Well, if Guardado is healthy and elects not to pick up his $4mil option (though he might be wise to do so), I'd love to see the A's pick him up. Alas, he would likely be too costly and they still have to figure a way to get rid of Rhodes.

Also, it is apparent they will not be re-signing Damian Miller. Too much $ and he wants a 3yr. contract.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By garyn on Wednesday, November 03, 2004 - 07:44 pm:

From Dan Szymborki's transactions oracle on the baseball primer site (I love reading this guys take on things - his wit is awesome):

Oakland A's - Signed Setherton
Oakland As - Signed P Seth Etherton to a minor-league contract.

Who throws a palm ball these days? Etherton does, so he gets a + in my book already. The Reds took a chance on Etherton a few years ago, hoping that he could bounce back quickly from arm problems. He didn't, so he's off to greener pastures after his best year since 1999. Most of Etherton's fastball remains intact and he's one of my sleeper picks if the A's have room for him, which they probably won't.

Etherton, Seth - 2005 ZiPS Projection - Age 28
-----------------------------------------------
W L G GS IP H ER HR BB SO ERA
-----------------------------------------------
8 7 26 26 147 155 73 21 43 103 4.47

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.