Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Jay Payton

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Jay Payton
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bigthree17 on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 03:35 pm:

From rotoworld:

According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, Boston and Oakland are interested in trading for Jay Payton.
Sure they are. The Payton-to-Boston rumors are nothing new, and maybe the team would have some interest in him Gabe Kapler is lost to free agency and Dave Roberts is traded. The A's might see him as someone who could be exchanged for Arthur Rhodes. Payton is due $4 million next year and had an awful 2004, so he has negative trade value.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 03:59 pm:

Ever since Payton put up big numbers in Colorado (who hasn't, if he can swing a bat?) some teams think he would be a good pick up. As before, I say ugh! and I hope the A's don't bother. In fact, I'd have to say Rhodes is worth more on the mound than Payton is in the field or at the plate.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.