Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

The Big 3 on ESPN's baseball page....

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: The Big 3 on ESPN's baseball page....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By givedaddy5 on Friday, November 19, 2004 - 10:09 am:

Here is a link to the article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?id=1925838

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Friday, November 19, 2004 - 02:33 pm:

Ratto says it's time to break up the Big Three:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2004/11/19/SPGB89UAQO1.DTL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dansward on Friday, November 19, 2004 - 08:08 pm:

Can't say I disagree, though I think Beane has to move Hudson if he can't sign him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Monday, November 22, 2004 - 09:16 pm:

Agreed dansward. To me it's simple: trade hudson b/c he has 1 yr left on his contract. I'd rather have Zito for two years vs. 1 year for hudson. do think ray ray was a bit harsh. the a's farm system is stacked so I don't get all the doom and gloom. The a's finished 1 damn game out of 1st despite hella adversity. Man, had they had doc oc the whole year they waltz to the AL west so I don't see what gives. No way our bulle is that bad next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 11:11 am:

Beane has shown he is willing to let the star FA's
leave, and be happy with the draft picks. I am not
saying I would do that, but so far he has consistently NOT felt he had to deal star players
on the last year of their contracts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 11:42 am:

Rocket, I don't disagree with your post, however ... As an A's fan, it would be nice ... at least once ... to get someone in exchange for potential free agents who can step in and help now. Draft picks are nice but they are, after all, still prospects; and future stars or not, they still are future. If they don't feel they can re-sign Hudson before ST, then deal him for a Giles or some other young promising right handed hitter (with decent major league #s) before the season. Or, as an alternative option, deal Zito or Mulder and re-sign Hudson.

The A's, quite simply, are going to have to come up with more right handed offense to even compete within the division, this year. You can bet the other 3 teams are going to make at least one ... or more ... big addition(s).

And if the A's are going to deal for Kendall (to keep) ... which I still thoroughly disagree with ... then at least work it so they can get Craig Wilson in the deal. But I still hope they can deal one of the Big Three (if they must) for Marcus Giles.

Oh, and when I say more right handed offense ... Kendall is not the answer. They need a right hander with pop. It should also be noted, except for his lower average (like .275, I believe), Ramon put up better #s than Kendall in the power and rbi dept, including considerably higher slug% and ops. That, besides the fact the A's have at least 3 potential catchers ... any of whom could be ready by next year ... so a 3yr deal (at his ridiculous price) just doesn't make sense to me, unless it is a multi-team deal and Beane is going to flip him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 02:57 pm:

DJ,
I would probably deal Hudson if they are not going
to sign him. But I have my doubts that Beane will
trade him, even if he could get Giles (which I think is more rumor than any real possibility).
I do not see Kendall catching for the A's, and the
Dodgers could easily trade directly with the Pirates for Kendall. They just finished paying
Hundley 6 million a year for doing absolutely nothing for the last two years, so I do not see
them having a problem with trading for Kendall and
his big contract.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.