Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Erubiel Durazo

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Erubiel Durazo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Friday, November 19, 2004 - 03:05 pm:

Anyone heard any news? I really hope we get Ruby back. Last year he showed what he could do. He's a great hitter with some power and was very dangerous in the middle of the lineup. Bring him back Billy!

And don't trade any of the big 3! Give them another chance!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Friday, November 19, 2004 - 03:40 pm:

I'm sure Beane is waiting as long as he can re a decision on him. Waiting to see what other deals may arise and who is offering what. I say they will only tender one: Dotel or Durazo. And, if that's the case, it will likely be Dotel. But if they don't re-sign Hudson or can knock off some payroll, they may keep him. I picture Beane as presently fielding all sorts of calls with suggested deals ... especially for one of the Big Three. If one of them goes, I would think whatever deal he makes will give him a clearer view of the overall picture and who he is going to keep. I do know the Jays have expressed interest in Durazo. If he's not going to tender him, I'd rather see him do a deal before the date arrives.

By the way, any one know (I'm sure someone does) know what the cutoff date is for offering arbitration? Seems to me it's like around the first or second wk of December ... maybe later?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By whoknows77 on Friday, November 19, 2004 - 03:46 pm:

I want to say December 11, but I'm not sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By soxxinny on Friday, November 19, 2004 - 06:16 pm:

Dec. 7 is the date.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Saturday, November 20, 2004 - 10:07 pm:

Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 01:16 am:

Dammit Beane sign this guy already. And Byrnes as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 08:22 am:

Actually, it appears that Dec 19th is the date, as I read the other day where Beane had till the 19th to make the decision on the arb-eligible guys. So, that's 3 dates I've heard now, guess I'll have to go to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bigthree17 on Friday, December 03, 2004 - 12:03 pm:

Apparently, Dec. 7 is the date to offer your free-agents arbitration (Dye), or else you can't sign them until May 1, whereas Dec. 20 is the date to offer aribtration to the eligible guys who aren't FAs (Byrnes, Durazo, Dotel, etc.), or else they become FAs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Friday, December 03, 2004 - 10:38 pm:

Yeh, you're right, bigthree. Just saw today where the arb-eligible guys have to be offered by 12/20; while Tues. is the last day they can deal with Jermaine Dye. Likely, we'll see him signing with the Giants on Wednesday.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.