Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Huston Street. Nice read

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Huston Street. Nice read
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 11:54 am:

This is premium content from oaklandclubhouse.com, which is having a free 7 day trial for the rest of this week. These are excerpts from an article written by James Renwick.

John Baker on Street: "We treat him like he's our little brother because he's young and maybe a little naive in the clubhouse, but as soon as he steps between the lines that completely changes. He's an incredible competitor. Even when he's in the dugout, he's always on the front step watching the other team's hitters and he'll turn to Jeremy and me and say things like 'His bat looks a little slow, maybe we can get him with fastballs inside,' asking us questions about guys we've seen and he hasn't."

In summary, Baker says, 'I'm confident that he'll be on the A's next year."

From Jeremy Brown: "His stuff makes it real easy to call a game. He doesn't have a bad pitch, even his change-up is already pretty good."

"The change-up has been the focus of Street's time in the AFL, the Oakland organization gives every young pitcher a change-up along with a uniform and a hat. It is working for the A's who have a history of developing pitching. For Street that was a huge plus when he was drafted."

Huston Street: "Oakland likes to promote from within. They have to because they are a small market team, but they are also playoff contenders every year. How can you go wrong with that?" Street can't stop smiling when he talks about the organization. "The team also has been supportive. After I was drafted I got to go to meet the big league team and every guy came up and introduced themselves to me. These are big league baseball players, they don't have to talk to me, but all the guys were shaking my hand saying, 'Hi'. Everything has been just perfect so far."

I already love this guy.

In case you're interested in reading all of this and other A's articles on the site, go to fanhome and check the "7 day free trial". You will have to login registering username and password (if you are not a posted member of fanhome), then just click the oaklandclubhouse.com preference at bottom. You can do this without credit card #, etc., since it is free trial.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.